The selection process at New IIMs consists of Essay writing (WAT) followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 20 mins
Words : 250-300 words
- The prevalent VIP Culture in India is feudal and makes a mockery of democratic equality. Should one move to judiciary to curb this VIP Culture? Share your views.
- Suppose we are board of directors and we order you that out of the 3 options do not suggest the best one for client but suggest the one where we(company) will earn something.
- Economy driven by Profit, Are we losing Ethical Values?
- Is an increase in the life expectancy burdening us with the problem of caring for the elderly?
- Scientific field has seen a lot of development in field of medicine,genetics,space etc. Do you think that we are capable of using these development for the benefit of mankind. Give your views.
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (98.02%ile CAT, Civil Engineer with work-ex in core)- Tell us about your work experience at TCE, Did you get an opportunity to convince client, What is your take on current net neutrality issue, Give some arguments against free basics/telecom companies, Why MBA, Tell us something about Qutub Minar, What all factors are taken into consideration while building a Qutub Minar, Do you know how much an MBA costs, What is interest rate on educational loan, How much time will it take to repay the loan.
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (BE Mechanical ) - Tell us about the high and low points in your life, Why MBA, Academic Questions, Questions related to organizational behavior, Questions on numerical methods, Discussion on steam power system, ic engine, Suggest any solution for development to the government. Which Government is better-previous or current and why.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (CA;Work Ex -Infosys -1.5 years)- What other calls do you have, Questions on hometown, Why MBA, What is feudalism, communism, Marxism, socialism, Do you read newspaper,Questions related to latest news, who is the President of England, Why did the Government reduce stake in PSU banks, Explain JDU incident.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (BE ECE, CAT 97.96%iler, Grad 68.2%, 12th - 76.2% 10th-86.71%)- Tell me something about Chandigarh, How is it a well planned city, Is it overpopulated, Why is there a gap of 2 yrs without even work ex, Tell me the difference between micro and macro economics, How did you manage your business during father’s injury, How big is your business, Are there any legal obligations in your business, What is your turnover, Was your father happy with your management, How would you rate yourself in managing your business, How will MBA help you expand your business, What do you do in your spare time, Why has India not given a good singles lawn tennis player, How can India give a good single lawn tennis player, Do you have a sibling, If your sibling has done BBA then why isn’t he managing or expanding the business, Do you read newspaper, What were the headlines of the last 2 days ago, What is your opinion on JNU issue, How can it be prevented.
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : Tell me about your hometown/upbringing/family, which are different the seasons in India, What is Acid rain, How does it affect crops, What are its impacts, How is acid rain related to green house effect, Explain using Physics, Discussion on JNU issue, Discussion on the extra curricular activities in college.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: