The selection process of IIM L consists of an essay and a Group Discussion followed by a Personal interview.
Feedback – Essay/Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20 mins for writing the essay and 20 mins for discussion. Same topics
- Legalizing doping in sports in modern times
- Essential services like water, electricity should not be privatized
- In India, Should minorities be given the first right to resource?
- Unpleasant prison terms can lead to faster reformation against criminals
- Women’s quota will increase gender disparity
- In a socialist Country such as India, should salaries of executives be regulated?
- Right to Education
- The nuclear liability bill
- GE and GM Crops (The Bt Brinjal case)
- IPL: Sports and Glamour
- Unique Identification Numbers will be panacea to India’s problems.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: So where do you work? What is your designation? What is the promotion policy of your company? What designation are MBAs offered? So you are a mechanical engineer. What is the difference between a mini bus and large bus from engineering point of view? And what is the difference between a car and a mini bus then? What happens to fuel economy when number of cylinders is increased? What is the role of banks in nation building? What is financial inclusion? What can be done for that? What is your rank in your department at your college? Which technology you are working on? What is data dictionary? Last year Mr. Chidambaram waived off the loans of the farmers. Was it justified or a political gimmick? What all calls do you have?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Introduce yourself. So you volunteer for Teach India. What work you do as a TI volunteer. So you are a CSE graduate. Tell me what is a compiler? How does it work? What is kernel in an Operating System? Name few Operating Systems. How is Unix different from Windows? How is Unix different from Linux? Why Linux is named so? Tell us two plus points and two negative points about Unix. So you have read Operation research. Tell me what is the purpose of OR? Can you name any process or algorithm used in OR? Do you think that the government should abolish subsidy on Petro products? Will the passing of full burden cause inflation? Tell me what is your take on Women's reservation bill? Whether this bill should be passed or not? What other calls do you have?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Tell us something about yourself. Ok so why would you want to join IIML? Ok so tell me what is an IC Engine and what problems does it face? Can you tell me 5 qualities of a leader? So where are you from? (candidate said Uttar Pradesh but was basically from Punjab) Who was the chief minister before Mayawati? Which party did he represent? Can you compare the factors on which the economic development of two states such as Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat can be made? What is the rank of Sania Mirza? Who is Saina Nehwal? What's her rank? What can you bring to IIML once you join? We have Inter IIM Sports Fests. So what sport will you represent the college in?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: