The process of selection at IIM L consists of Essay & a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay/Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20 mins for writing the essay and 20 mins for discussion. Same topics
- If there is censorship in movies than why not in advertisements?
- Role learning is burdensome but indispensible
- Arab world will definitely have an impact on India
- Are women capable of taking more stress as compared to men?
- A person is better in a good environment and a troubled family than in good family and troubled environment
- Inflation vs. growth
IIM Lucknow - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Why MBA? What are your plans after MBA? What is purchasing power parity? What is the rank of India amongst the largest economies according to PPP? Do you think there is a need to enhance rural healthcare situation? Your views on budget. You are a doctor so why a different field? So you are saying that doctor is not a white collar job? Don't you think there is more need of doctors in the country as compared to MBAs? What are your hobbies? Why should we select you? What is special about you? Which other calls do you have? So what is your order of preference?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Introduce yourself. Why Agri Business management? Which other calls? (Questions based on quality standards of food). Difference between ministers of state and cabinet ministers. Asked to solve a question of Math. Tell your other achievements apart from studies. Tell some political, economic changes in India? Tell something about agriculture policies in India?(agricultural background). What is your take on Women's reservation bill? What are you hobbies and interests? Why don't you convert your interest into a career?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Tell us something about yourself. Ok so why would you want to join IIML? What do you mean by EOQ? Why demand curve is upward sloping? Can you draw AC curve?(economics honors). Tell 5 methods as to how you will motivate your employees? What can you bring to IIML once you join? Name the 6 sisters in the North East? When do you lie to your parents? Can you tell me 5 qualities of a leader? Are you a leader? Give some instance of your leadership qualities.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: