The process of selection at IIM L consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) based on Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 15 mins
No. of Panelists: 2
No. of Participants: 8
- Is privatization the only way to bring down the real prices in the power & electricity industry?
- Higher education in India should be free.
- Nothing is right, nothing is wrong, everybody has a different opinion.
- Should the budget for space program in India be invested into poverty alleviation?
- What do I want to do in life?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: As we go through your documents, introduce yourself. Where did you work? What is the name of the company? How long did you work there? What did you do? Before that? And before that? What did you do there? Why did you leave it? What is your father’s business? You are the only son right? Your dad is ok with you pursuing studies and not getting into business? What are you doing now then? Why do you want to come here then? What is your rank there? Where did you do your summer internship? What did you do there? What other calls do you have? What subjects did you do well in? How will you build a marketing strategy? What is the state of inflation in India? What are the types of inflation? Show me via a graph why the inflation is coming down? Have you heard of Nalanda University? Why is it recently in the news? Did you read the newspaper day before? Do you know what NITI Aayog is? Full form? Chief Economic Adviser of India? Any questions?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Quickly tell us about yourself. Photography. What camera do you have? No extra lens? Who is the captain of India's Volleyball Team? What is education according to you? Are you tensed? Are you Ok? What are these preliminary tenets? What is the purpose of education? Siblings? What do he do? Do he look up to you as a role model? What qualities does he like? What is your father's business about? What about xyz company? How are they related to your supply chain? Who else is there in the field as your competitor? Being from a business family in Kolkata how is the business scene in Kolkata? What all calls have you got?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: So you have lived in Madras your whole life? Not much moving out? What are you doing now? So University of Madras, you had to go and come to college every day? Your institute (of CA's) has been nominated for Swach Bharath Abhiyaan. What is your institute going to do about it? Tell me 3 points from your institute’s Code of Conduct. So this truth and fairness of Financial Statements, how do you ensure that? Tell me about Window Dressing, is it a reality? Why MBA? Your father must be having a firm. He does not want you to take care of his firm, is it? When did you finish CA? So what are your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Tell us something about yourself. Why did you leave the core branch? Job responsibilities? Does your job come under analytics or Product development? Are you interested in operations? What alternative careers are you considering? Hobbies? What's the best cuisine you have tried? Why? What sets you apart from the 9 people walking in after you?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: What did you think of your performance in the GD? You only spoke when you were given the opportunity. Is this your first attempt at CAT? You took some coaching? You like teaching? You want to take up teaching as a career? So are you interested in management? Is this also like engineering or is it more permanent? How long were you at TG? In five months you learned so much about management? What was your job at TG? How long have you been at IMS? Part-time or full time? Difference between Information science and computer science? What is the purpose of IS or CS or these computer subjects? How good is your computer knowledge? How would I say a computer is good or bad? For instance, just the RAM? Explain in layman terms. What are your hobbies? Is this your first interview?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.