The process of selection at IIM L consists of an Essay and a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion/Essay
Average Duration : 20 minutes for writing the essay and 20 minutes for discussion. Same topics.
- Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition by mediocre minds.
- Helping hands are better than praying lips.
- Necessity is the mother of all inventions.
- Habit and routine can waste and destroy.
- Thinking about the worst always prepares you for the worst.
- Education is the progressive discovery of our ignorance.
- He who knows being poor knows everything.
- A fool can ask more questions in an hour than a wise man can answer in 7 years.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 minutes
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What made you choose civil engineering? As a civil engineer, how would you reduce global warming? I am not very good in economics. Can you tell me the concept of liquidity? Money is made of paper, and paper is solid,so why call it liquid? How can you make a building earthquake resistant? What is the odelite? Have you heard of the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Do you know where it is? Why does it not fall? How can you prevent it from falling?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell me something about yourself? Who won the first football world cup? When was it held? Which teams reached the finals? What is a determinant? How do you determine that any equation Ax=B will have a solution? What is Poisson's ratio? What differentiated your company from others in the same industry? What kind of books have you read?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Why did you get late in the morning session? Do you know the candidate who had an interview just before you? (same company). Describe the current product that you have been working on? People say it is full of innovations? What is your take? Can you describe any innovation that has taken place in ignition systems? What is WIP? Why is it required? What is JIT? Does it involve minimum or no inventory? What is Kanban? What is the difference between JIT and Kanban? Which one has minimum inventory and which one has zero inventory? Where are the headquarters of UNO located? Is it Geneva or Washington? Who is the UNSC Secretary General? Where is the International Court of Justice?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: Describe your responsibilities at work? What happens to the reliability if the LOC of the software goes on increasing? Is there any mechanism to increase the reliability of software? Who chairs the Rajya Sabha? Who is the governor of Madhya Pradesh? What is Anil Kapoor's role in Slum dog Millionaire? How many Oscars did the movie win?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: