The process of selection at GIM consists of Group Discussion, Essay writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 10
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.+1 min. to write the crux
- Inefficiency creeping within the Indian governance.
- Credibility of B Schools ranking.
- Should the hostels of B-schools be segregated in terms of gender?
- Indian Economy is not doing very well.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 5 mins.
Topic: Consumer rights awareness in India
- Process: Write 4 paragraphs, 1- Opening, 2 and 3- Subject, whatever you discussed in discussion and 4 – conclusion.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A B.E. ECE student with falling academics and a 30 months of work-ex with Infosys as Software developer) : Why MBA? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Your role in the organization? Why should we take you? Example of your leadership skills?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A B.Tech. biotech student with consistent academics all around 70% and a24 months of work-ex with Infosys) : Introduce yourself? Justify yourself joining Infosys after doing Bio-Tech? Yourprofile and your role? Which projects you are working on? What do you expect from an MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A B.Tech. ECE student with 81.2% 10th, 88.2% 12th and 74% in Engineering and nowork-ex) : What can you offer to our college? Why don't you pick up a job and then do an MBA? Which company have you been placed in? Why don't you join it? We prefer people with work – ex, what makes you come here without work – ex? In which field do you want to do an MBA? What are your weaknesses? Define the word “engineer”.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A B.E. ECE student with consistent good academics all above 80% and a 30 months of work-ex with Infosys) : Why MBA? Work profile? Job responsibilities? How would you contribute to GIM? 30 yearsdown the line where do you see yourself? Which stream would you choose in MBA and why? How will MBA help you?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: