The process of selection at GIM consists of an Essay followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback – Essays
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
- Challenges of gloom.
- Imagination-a gateway to success in business.
- Terrorism is a product of poverty.
- Is India ready for Globalization?
- Liberalization needs management education.
- Slum dog Millionaire- has India been portrayed in the real sense?
- India: the next global sporting hub.
- Human clones should not be allowed.
- The way to success is humanity.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 12-15 minutes
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : You seem to have a wonderful profile, then why MBA? What is your current job profile? Tell us something about your family background? Why did you not choose TAPMI? Why did you score so low in CAT? What is your family business? Do you have any plans of joining your family business? Which area would you like to specialize in? What is the difference between marketing and selling? How has recession affected the company (TCS) in which you work?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Tell us something about yourself? What product are you currently working on? What is COBOL? Which mainframes do you work in? Why do you want to pursue MBA? What do you want to do after completing MBA? What is Ohm's Law? (Student was electrical engineer). Can you keep the current constant and vary the resistance? Why are the TV signals disrupted during rainy season?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Have you applied the methods of Six Sigma in your life? If you did decide to apply how will you do so? Explained the DMAIC approach and its possible applications in life. Do you think the Satyam fiasco could have been averted by the current regulations? Do you think the auditors were hoodwinked or were part of the game? What do you think about India's fiscal policy? Do you have any advice to give on that front? Do you know why the govt. reduced the service tax?What is your opinion on the loan waiver for farmers? What are your views on the Gramin Rozgaar Yojana?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: