The process of selection at LIBA consists of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion based on Case Study, followed by Personal Interview.
Average Duration : 20 mins.
- E-Commerce is the face of the new economy.
- Secularism is dangerous in India.
- Is MBA glorified common sense?
Feedback- Group Discussion Based On Case Study
Average Duration : 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Panelists : 8-10
- A boy wants to go for a camp. His father is telling him to save some money for his camp .The boy works hard and saves a little above 3000, the cost required for the camp. Now, his father asks for the money stating that he along with his friends has planned a fishing trip. Imagine yourself as the boy and how would you convince your father to allow you to go for the camp.
- A team member is affected with HIV. Other team members act indifferently towards him. What will you do as the team manager?
- A case study related to a GM interfering in labor union so as to pacify them.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 83%iler in CAT with academic profile as 73.4% in 12th and 78.2% in 10th). Tell us something about yourself. Work experience based questions-Work profile, jobs and responsibilities. What is GDP? How is it calculated? What is liquidity? Order currency, petrol and gold in order of their liquidity. Why has the demand for gold gone down recently? Which stream will you choose? Why marketing and why not operations? What other colleges do you have calls from? You speak well but why were you quiet in GD.
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : Please introduce yourself. Name any 2 popular businesswomen. How are they different? What did they do? What awards have they got? Questions on economic terms like Boolean market. Which spices are imported from Kerala? Questions on religion (cross questioning from GD) Apply SWOT analysis on yourself. Have you learnt any management papers at college? (Cross questioning) What is waterfall model?
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : Tell us something about yourself. Why didn’t you speak in the GD? Why LIBA? Difference between FII and FDI? Which is better? (Cross questioning) What do you do in your free time?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: