The process of selection at LIBA consists of a Written Analysis Test (WAT), Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - WAT
Average Duration : 20 mins. (with no word limit)
- Castes cannot be eradicated from India.
- India and corruption are two inseparables.
- Women make better managers than men – comment.
- Peace is fragile-comment.
- India and China- Enemies or Friends?
Feedback - Group Discussion Based On Case Study
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants : 12
- A case on a sales team presenting inflated figures before management was given. Students were asked to give their views on how to deal with such a situation?
- An unusual case was given wherein a man becomes alcoholic after experiencing many difficulties in both his personal and private life. Students were asked to assume to be a friend of the man in question and give opinions on how to help him.
- Case on a situation where the HR of a company asks for the salary hike of the employees, an idea opposed by shareholders. Case had some data and some more details. Students were asked to analyse the details and comment on HR's decision.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 93.8 CAT percentiler with 10th-91%, 12th-83.6% and 65.88% in B. Tech. CSE). What are your hobbies? What is your ambition in life? Where do you see yourself 5 and 10 years down the line? Describe your personality? Why you want to join LIBA? Are you an introvert or extrovert? Which other calls do you have? Introduce yourself. What are India's current imports in value? What is fiscal deficit? What can be done to reduce oil imports? Is increasing number of cars an indicator of growth? Why can't we use public transport more? What is monopoly? What are the differences in management of Airlines and Indian railways?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 88.9 CAT percentiler with 10th-68%, 12th – 62% and 66% in B. Tech. Electrical and liking for sketching). Why did you score so less in 10th? What is SAIL? What does it do? Who are the other steel manufacturers of India? What is the cost of setting up a steel plant? What kinds of professionals are required in this field? What is project planning? What are your hobbies? Can you sketch us in 2 minutes?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 91.9 CAT percentiler with 10th-89%, 12th – 84% and 68% in B. Tech. CSE and a work experience of 3 years). Introduce yourself. What was your job profile? How is automation related to your field? Who are your clients? What is cloud computing? How was it related to your work? What is integrated testing? What is the difference between ethics and morals? What are your moral values? Give us examples to illustrate. What are your hobbies? Have you ever performed on stage?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 90.2 CAT percentiler with 10th-87%, 12th – 81% and 73% in B. Tech. CSE and a work experience of 2 years). Introduce yourself. What was your work profile? Why do you want to change your job? What difference will an MBA degree make? What is more important: talent or knowledge? How do you differentiate between knowledge and wisdom? What are your hobbies? What is IC? What are the responsibilities of a software developer? What is India's IT services export currently? Who are India's competitors in the field of IT outsourcing?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: