The process of selection at LBS consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 4
- Privatization in India and its impact
- Advertisements- helpful to customers or just eye wash
- Should cricketers be blamed for match fixing?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : How do you feel about LBS. Questions asked on hobbies? Next, questions asked on academics followed by a question on the developments in electronics in the last 2 decades. Lastly, questions on Punjab politics and related to Amarinder Singh.
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Questions on geography of India, like which states did you cross while coming to Hyderabad from Delhi & which states share their border with Punjab. Questions based on general knowledge? And a very peculiar question - who is the Andhra Pradesh politician who was an actor?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Why MBA?Questions related to hobbies.Some questions on basic academics.Questions on general knowledge such as what is Subprime Crisis,What are the functions of NABARD,and what are the functions of RBI?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : Where do you hail from? No questions were asked on academics.Few questions were asked on hobbies (driving cars). Do you like driving fast or slow? No questions were asked on general knowledge.
Overall Feedback - PI
There was also an extempore before the Interview. Candidates are given only 15 seconds to think and then they have to speak on the topic for a minute. The various topics given were: flowers, your association with the institute for the last 20 Minutes, advantages and disadvantages of being the last candidate, etc.