The process of selection at LBS consists of a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview and Extempore.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12 min (2 min to think and 10 min to discuss).
No. of Panelists :4
No. of Participants: 15
- To stop brain drain, should engineers be made to sign a bond that they will work in India for 2 years
- Are foreign channels destroying Indian culture.
- Is the Indian claim to UN Security Council justified?
- It’s better to be blissfully ignorant than to be an educated ignoramus.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-14 mins.
No. of Panelists : 4
Extempore was conducted during the interviews.
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What is your name? Have you done B.Com? Honours or pass? Tell us about your family background. Did you study accounting? What is cost accounting? What is a balance sheet? What are your hobbies? How would they help you in your future life?
- Call Bell.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Introduce yourself. What is object oriented programming and its principles? What is RDBMS? Define encapsulation. What is the difference between java and C++. Does inheritance exploits the concept of encapsulation. Why Java is so popular? Why Java is so popular? What is Normalization and why do we use it. What is 3 tier architecture? What is overloading? How do we implement polymorphism in java? Give example, where do we need to normalize the table.
- Water Bottle
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : What is your favorite subject? What is marketing? Tell 3 disadvantages of advertising. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses. Which other calls did you get? Do you read books? What are today’s headlines?