The process of selection at IIT Madras consists of a Group Discussion followed by an Essay writing task on the same topic and finally a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12- 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants : 8
- How can an airline under economic crisis be turned around to make profits?
- You are a bureaucratic member with the PM team. Discuss about the inflation problem of the economy.
- Foreign universities vs. Govt. universities.
- You are a police officer in a metropolitan city. Crime cases against women are increasing. You have to come up with solutions for this.
- Open a retail chain. What will you do for its survival and growth? Come out with an action plan?
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 5 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
Topics : Same as GD topics written above
Rules : No bullet points, One paragraph as to what you understood from the discussion and your view points and conclusions.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 97.3 percentiler with 80% B.Tech. C.S.E.,+2 with 77% and 90%+ 10th marks having 32 months work –ex with a reputed IT MNC) : Who is the Chairman and who are the co-directors of Infosys? Who is P.M., President, Chief Justice, Army Chief, Defense minister, Cabinet ministers of India? What is your work profile? What is your role in your organization and how do you contribute? Your favourite subject? ( Mathematics) Tell us some topics from 10th and 12th Mathematics? 10 coins are tossed in air, what is the probability of getting 5 heads? Basic questions on Limits & Continuity. What is L-Hospitals rule? Where can you apply it? Where do you live and from where did you graduate? Name some historical monuments in Delhi.
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 93.17 percentiler fresher B. Tech. in MMU with consistent 70% academics) : Introduce yourself? Family background? Which newspapers do you read? Tell us about the latest happenings in the world. Why MBA? Where do you see yourself after 5 years from now? Have you found a girl for yourself?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 97.1 percentiler with 67% B.Tech.,+2 with 60% and 85%+ 10th marks fresher; Sikh boy Introduce yourself?) : Ideology of Sikh religion? What is the meaning of the word sikh? Will you join IIT Madras if selected in the new IIM's? What are the similarities between Big Bang Theory and String Theory? Define the word engineer. Why are you de-engineering yourself?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: