The process of selection at IIT-M consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- You are sports executive and you have to form marketing strategies for women sports.
- Marketing decisions at shopping mall.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 25 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about corporate social responsibility. Give some examples. What do you mean by social entrepreneur and what is the difference between the social and regular entrepreneur? Give some examples.Do you think local vendors pose threat to big retail players? Do you think with emergence of big players it will lead to monopoly in retail sector? What role does government play to safeguard the interest of the local vendors? What things interest you? Tell me about music and cricket. Questions related to interests what subjects would you prefer to take in case you get selected?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Tell us about your education background. Why you want to pursue MBA? (Marine engineer) Why you want to shift? Can you explain your work in branding as marine engineer? What is brand? Tell me the difference between a manager and a leader. What are the other calls you have? Why do you prefer IIT-M over others?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Introduce your organization. What role you play in the organization? Tell us about your projects. Explain the different levels of organization. Have you studied any management related subject in your B.Tech curriculum? Tell us something about the industrial economics and the management principles. Name any of the famous management thinkers. And tell me something about his work. Name any other management thinker of the same time.
Overall Feedback - PI
Questions are mainly related to the background (education and social). Focus is laid on academics and retail sector or marketing.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: