The selection process at FSM consists of a Case Study followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- India is a growing economy and its industrial growth is heavily dependant on oil, a commodity that we have to IMPORT. Oil being a commodity, commodity which is fast depleting and has fluctuating prices; suggest measures which can help India to reduce its dependence on oil.
- What other steps can companies take in times of recession apart from issuing pink slips to its employees?
- Discuss the behavior of media in tackling the 26/11 attacks. Discuss the irresponsible behavior that they showed and what could have been done by them.
- A case study on how slum tourism can be promoted in wake of the success of Slum dog Millionaire and how would this lead to the benefit of the economic conditions of those slum dwellers.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Why do you want to pursue MBA after doing your graduation in architecture?What are your views on the real estate companies operating in India? What do you feel about the Real Estate Crash in a number of world economies? Give us your views on the Sub Prime Crisis? What is the importance of green buildings and what is their potential future scope? What is the USP of Chandigarh? Comment on the division of the City into sectors? Why do an MBA and why not join a Real Estate Conglomerate straight away?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Describe yourself briefly? What is internet?What are 3G services? How are they superior to 2G services? Tell us about your work experience? What were your key responsibilities? Apart from your regular work, what else have you done in your company? What kind of books do you generally read?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Count three characteristics which make you different from others? What shape will the Indian Economy take in the coming future? What is DBMS and what is RDBMS? What is the difference between the two? Who is Montek Singh Ahluwalia? Which leader do you admire? How do you think that Lalu Prasad was able to manage the railways so well? What are your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : Why is there a decline in your marks in graduation? Since you are already earning, so why do you want to do MBA? What are your views on the Satyam Fiasco? Can you suggest a feasible solution for the same? Suggest two measures that the Indian Govt. can take to tackle the current financial meltdown? What is Fiscal Deficit? How is it different from Revenue Deficit? Site two reasons as to why should we take you? What do you want to do after completing MBA? Name any two professors of Fore who teach finance subjects?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: