The process of selection at Great Lakes consists of Essay Writing (WAT) followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback – WAT
Duration: 20 minutes
Word Limit: 2 pages (250 words)
- Technology will outsmart humans within a decade.
- Opportunity of global warming
- Effect of social media on youth
- Artificial Intelligence
- Is technology’s impact on business & personal lives positive?
- Should CSR activities be compulsory in developing countries like India?
- Point out reasons on why car production is going down? (some information/facts given)
- Are celebrity brand endorsements immoral? Justify.
- E-commerce v/s brick-and-mortar stores
- Climate change
- Is India ready for the shift towards Electric vehicles?
- How COVID19 is affecting global economy?
(2 options are given to each candidate.)
Feedback – Personal Interview
No. of panelists: 2
Duration: 15-20 minutes
Excerpt from Interview 1-
Candidate Profile: B.Sc. (Statistics), Work Experience of 5 months in sales
You have a significant dip in your academics in proportion to your class 10th and 12th examination. Why? What were you doing in your gap years? Why did you leave that company? Hindustan Unilever is selling soap and shampoo for many decades. So, according to you, they should stop working? Your picture in the application form appears to be very different from your real face. Why? So, you workout daily? At what time do you wake up? What do you do right now if not working? What other calls do you have?
Excerpt from Interview 2-
Candidate Profile: B.Tech (ECE), Work Experience of 2+ years in IT
Introduce yourself. What form of dance do you do? What is your family background? Why MBA? Why Great Lakes? Why one year program? Is it because you plan to marry soon? Why don’t you do a 2 year course, and take pocket money for 2 years? Does your company plan on giving you sabbatical? How are you going to finance the course? Which area would you like to work after the course? So you prefer marketing, then tell me have you sold anything? Which other colleges have you applied to? And what is your first preference? Did you appear for CAT? What was your score? How does the LEAP program (Karma yoga) work? Any questions for us?