The process of selection at Great Lakes consists of Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants: 10
- Is the current MBA curriculum serving the needs of the Industry?
- Democracy is hampering the growth of India.
- Anna Hazare movement on Lokpal Bill, whether India needs it or not?
- Big banks vs small banks: which ones will you go for?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 25-30 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 95 percentiler B.Tech. passout with consistent academics around 75% and a work-ex of 2 years and 3 months) : Introduction? Why MBA? Why inclination towards finance? Strengths and weakness? Justify? Any specific sector you want to join after MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 97 percentiler B.Tech. ECE passout with declining academics but all above 80%and 30 months of work-ex) : Tell us about Chandigarh? Elections in Panjab? Politics of Panjab? Who will win? Your role and responsibilities? What are your hobbies? Your role in the organization?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 700+ GMAT scorer B.E. ECE pass out with consistent academics and 4 years of work-ex with Infosys) : Why MBA? What are your Job responsibilities? Tell something about the CSR initiative of Infosys? Do you read blogs? What kind of Blogs? How often do you read these blogs? How often do you play? What would you prefer, playing cricket or walking? Why not MBA from abroad?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A B.Tech. CSE pass out with rising trend in academics and 41 months of work-ex with a reputed IT giant as Technical Analyst) : Describe yourself? If rupee depreciates Infosys earns more or less? Tell about Eurozone crisis? Where was your college? Why MBA? How will it help you? Tell us about the recent army scandal? Challenges you had in your work? What was Work profile and specifically what was your role?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 (A B.Tech. CSE pass out with rising trend in academics and 35 months of work-ex with a reputed IT giant as a Senior Software Engineer) : Make yourself comfortable, sing songs for us? What is your work profile? Why a one year MBA? What do you think is the most important thing to make a project successful? What do you do with your salary?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: