The process of selection at Great Lakes consists of Group Discussions, Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 8-12
- Socialist economy vs capitalist economy.
- Difference between India and China.
- Should youth involve themselves in politics?
- Indo Pak relationship
- Brick for Brick or Brick by Brick
Feedback- Essay (WAT)
Average Duration : 10-30 min.
Word limit : 200-350 words
- Reservation in India
- How to handle in job environment.
- Lokpal Bill
- Is the CAT percentage a real reflection of a student’s ability?
- Environmental Change
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 97.91%iler in CAT with 2 years of work experience with graduation in B.Com and CA (Inter) and CS (Executive) and academic profile as 76% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 92% in 10th). Why do you want to do MBA? What is the strength of employees in your company? Which companies are you dealing with?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 98.49%iler in XAT with B. Tech background and 3 years of work experience in Infosys. ERP System, Oracle with academic profile as 78% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 91% in 10th). Difference between Infosys, and its competitors. Why is Infosys not doing so well? Work Profile – what are other ERP systems? Why MBA? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Which party if comes into power would be good for economy – BJP or Congress? Why BJP?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 99.97%iler in XAT with 70% in Mechanical Engineering (CCET), 77% in 12th and 84% in 10th). Why pursue an MBA? Why not gain some work experience before? What are your hobbies? What are the difference types of cars? What is the difference between a sports car, sedan etc?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 91.88%iler in CAT with B.Sc. Background with academic profile as 71% in graduation, 87% in 12th, 93.2% in 10th). College life, teachers, education standards. State some of your Hobbies. Name two of your Strength and weaknesses. Who is your favourite Cricket player? What do you mean by patience?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: