The process of selection at Great Lakes consists of Group Discussions, Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 8-12
- Socialist economy vs capitalist economy.
- Difference between India and China.
- Should youth involve themselves in politics?
- Indo Pak relationship
- Brick for Brick or Brick by Brick
Feedback- Essay (WAT)
Average Duration : 10-30 min.
Word limit : 200-350 words
- Reservation in India
- How to handle in job environment.
- Lokpal Bill
- Is the CAT percentage a real reflection of a student’s ability?
- Environmental Change
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 97.91%iler in CAT with 2 years of work experience with graduation in B.Com and CA (Inter) and CS (Executive) and academic profile as 76% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 92% in 10th). Why do you want to do MBA? What is the strength of employees in your company? Which companies are you dealing with?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 98.49%iler in XAT with B. Tech background and 3 years of work experience in Infosys. ERP System, Oracle with academic profile as 78% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 91% in 10th). Difference between Infosys, and its competitors. Why is Infosys not doing so well? Work Profile – what are other ERP systems? Why MBA? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Which party if comes into power would be good for economy – BJP or Congress? Why BJP?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 99.97%iler in XAT with 70% in Mechanical Engineering (CCET), 77% in 12th and 84% in 10th). Why pursue an MBA? Why not gain some work experience before? What are your hobbies? What are the difference types of cars? What is the difference between a sports car, sedan etc?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 91.88%iler in CAT with B.Sc. Background with academic profile as 71% in graduation, 87% in 12th, 93.2% in 10th). College life, teachers, education standards. State some of your Hobbies. Name two of your Strength and weaknesses. Who is your favourite Cricket player? What do you mean by patience?