The selection process at XISS consists of WAT(essay writing) followed by Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback – Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 15 min.
- PM Modi cleaning streets is a farce when manual cleaning still exists or critique Rohit Vehmula case.
- Will Make In India Yield Result?
- Economic reforms in India are dependent on political will. 20 minutes time was given for that.
- Democracy & Patriotism
- Climate Change-India's Stand
Feedback –Group Discussion (GD)
Average Duration: 10 mins
No of Participants : 10-12
- Problems Unite Us Religion Divide Us.
- India or Indians: Who are Performing Better?
- India's Democratic Dividend Is Underutilized
- Is India Ready For Ecommerce
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-15 mins
No. of Panelists: 2
Excerpts from Interview 1 - Introduce yourself, What is your family background, Why MBA , Which specialization do you want to opt for, Why marketing, Few Academic Questions, Questions on Indian Business news, GDP rates, Where does India import from, What's role of RBI in the shaping the economy, Different types of taxes.
Excerpts from Interview 2 - Introduce yourself, Discussion on football, What's the difference between manager ,captain and coach, Why MBA, Why HRM, Questions from academics, Why did you leave your previous job, Why don't you join your dad's business, Where else have you applied, what is your preference order of these colleges.
Excerpts from Interview 3 - Tell me something about yourself, Why are you de-engineering yourself, Why don't you opt for a job get some experience and then apply for MBA, Academic questions, Questions on the current national happenings, Which specialization do you want to opt for and why.