The process of selection at IFMR consists of Essay Writing and Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 25-30 mins
Word Limit : 500 words
- Success or Ethics; what will you choose?
- What it means to be an Indian?
- Betting in sports should be allowed.
- Racial attacks are a threat to humanity.
- Capital punishment is the answer to rapes.
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 92.27 percentiler CSE student with 10th -85%, 12th- 65% and Engineering-68%). Introduce yourself. Tell us about your home town Ferozpur? How will you market on social networking sites? Why finance after being an engineer? Why you don't go for M. Tech.? How can you relate engineering with financial management? What analytical skills you possess? Who is the governor of Punjab? Tell us the five rivers of Punjab from where the name Punjab comes?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 90.25 percentiler with 10th -83.8%, 12th- 81.6% and B.A.-66.7%). Tell us something about yourself? Why such a low score in graduation? Convince us that you won't flunk classes in IFMR? Will your parents let you join IFMR? (A question on compound interest was asked). What is breakeven point? Tell in 3-4 lines about the budget? What other calls do you have? Why are you interested in Finance?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 88.4 CAT percentiler with 10th -86%, 12th -80% and B.Tech. CSE. –82% and liking for playing football). Introduce yourself. What are different types of networks and what are the advantages of each one of them? What are laws for cyber crime in India? Are these laws sufficient and efficient for cyber crime? Are they being implemented properly? How powerful is India globally in cyber war? Who is the speaker of the Lok Sabha?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 86.7 CAT percentiler with 10th -83.8%, 12th- 81.6% and B.Com.-66.7%). Introduce yourself. Why are you interested in MBA? How is national income calculated? Tell us something about Patiala? Who founded the city of Patiala? What are the different forms of market and how can we differentiate them? Explain natural monopoly. What is the difference between FDI and FII? What is more beneficial for the country? What are participatory notes?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: