The process of selection at IFMR consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration : 25 mins.
Words : 500 words
- Inflation and its social effects
- India and corruption
- Happiness does not depend upon wealth and status
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about yourself? What is the current state of Indian Economy? How do you measure the economy, is there any number? Which Specialization you want to take? What is your opinion about the Srilankan Issue ? What other calls you have and priority? How do you do analysis about these colleges?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Introduce yourself? What is your CAT score? Do you think Delhi is a safe city? If you don’t think Delhi is safe, how will you reside in Chennai? Some current affairs. What other calls you have?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Tell us something about yourself? What is the last thing that you wrote on your blog? (mentioned it in my hobbies) How did this movie (English Vinglish) inspire you to write on it? Do you think it would've had the same impact it had if it was released 15 yrs ago? What kind of books do you generally read?Tell us the last book you read,What do you know about the Jewish people? (its related to the book I mentioned),Tell us one place in Chennai where you can see a Jewish institution? [I didn't know] Explain about your nature of work, What specialization would you like to take? (I mentioned I wanted to do Finance) Ok, then solve this problem for me - find the area of a circle without using the typical Circle area formula.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: