The process of selection at IFMR consists of Essay writing and Personal Interview
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 25-30 mins.
Word Limit : 500 words
- Is social networking helpful?
- How should India be protected from global economic crisis?
- India and the world
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 87 CAT percentiler, B.Com. pass out with 84% in 10th, 76% in 12th and 84% in graduation and a work-ex of 9 months in mass entertainment marketing execution) : Show us your mark sheets? What is your favourite subject? What is Income tax? What is direct tax? What is indirect tax? What is CRR? What is current rate? Who is the finance minister of India? Who are the CMs of Punjab and Tamil Nadu? What is the temperature of your hometown? Tell us something about golden temple? How does the other side look from Wagah border? What is the extreme temperature of Wagah border?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 88 CAT percentiler, B. Tech. CSE fresher with declining trend in academics, no work-ex and likes playing TT and cricket) : What is Data mining? What are your lifetime achievements? How many second hand cars were sold in India last year? What is the length of T.T. Table? How do we handle the T.T. bat?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 86 CAT percentiler, B. Tech. CSE pass out with consistent academics at around 70% and 6 months of work-ex as lecturer) : Introduce yourself with what is not there in your resume? What after 5 years down the line? What after MBA? What after 15 years? With a case study given estimate how many second hand cars are sold in India presently? What do you teach? How do you see the education system in India?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 94 CAT percentiler, B. Tech. ECE pass out with good academics and 30 months of work-ex as System Engineer in Infosys) : Are you interested in finance? (No, general management) Your quant is good, mathematics is good then why not go in for finance? What are your hobbies? Which other calls do you have? What is your role in Infosys and which clients you have handled?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.