Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) is associated with the prestigious University of Delhi. One of the best educational institutes in the field of commerce and economics, SRCC offers a full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Global Business Operations (PGDGBO) based on its own admission test. PGDGBO is a unique course, devised to lend high-quality management education in international business. The final merit list is prepared as per the candidate’s score in SRCC GBO test and performance in subsequent selection rounds.
PGDGBO ‘22 admission procedure at SRCC was carried out as follows:
- Shortlisting (based on SRCC GBO test)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
In this round, the candidates were grouped into teams of nine members each. Each group was given a topic, for which they were given 2 minutes to think, 9 minutes to discuss, and 1 minute to conclude. GD topics were mostly general in nature or based on an ongoing issue. There were four panellists to moderate/ evaluate the GD round. One of the topics given for GD was:
The interview panel probed the candidates on their personality traits, goals, academics, experiences, internships, hobbies, etc. Some candidates were also asked situational questions. Generally, the interviews lasted for 15-20 minutes per candidate. Here is an actual experience shared by a candidate interviewed for PGDGBO ‘22:
- We use Google on a daily basis. So, can you tell me the full form ofGoogle?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Can you tell me about the challenges you faced in your internship?
- Suppose you wake up in the morning and see a text message on your mobile that your bank account has been credited with 10 lakh rupees. What will you do with that money?
- What have you done in your retail management internship?
- Why GBO?
- What other options do you have?
- Since you are from commerce background,tell me what is PE ratio?
- Do you know how to analyse financial statements?
- Any questions for us?
The candidate was also asked a few questions related to journal entries and similar other concepts.