The process of selection at WELINGKAR consists of Group Discussions, Psychometric test, Creativity test and Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 22 mins. (2 mins. to think and 20 mins. to discuss)
No. of Panelists: 3
No. of Participants: 12
- Corporate Jobs = Slavery?
- Should live in relations be legalized.
- Sustainable development hampers Industrial Progress?
- Should e-learning replace classroom programs?
- Internet: A curse or a boon.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-30 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 93.41 CAT percentiler with 10th -83%, 12th -85.4% and B.Tech. Electronics –68% and a work-experience of 2 years with consumer durables and manufacturing sectors). Where have you done your engineering from? Why have you worked in different sectors? What are your work responsibilities? If transferred to managerial role in current organization would you accept the offer? Why are you interested in MBA? What are your hobbies? Why do you want to do e-business? (the interviewer placed an empty Bislery bottle in front of the candidate and asked 5 different usages of the bottle).
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 92.85 XAT percentiler with 10th -86%, 12th -89.2% and B.Com.–63%). Do you read newspapers? Which newspaper? Who is the editor of this newspaper? Where is it published? Which is its parent company? What is CRR? What is current going rate? What is the difference between a manager & leader? Why an MBA and not CA? Which specialization are you interested in? Who is the vice chairman of the planning commission of India?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 89.20 CAT percentiler with 10th -91.6%, 12th-92.8% and B.Tech. in ECE -80.06%). Kindly introduce yourself. Why do you want to join Welingkar? What will you bring with you to this college? Who is your role model? Who is a better leader, Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? How do you see reverse innovation in India? Why are you interested in MBA? Sell this water bottle to us. What is a brand? What are the features of this water bottle? What different uses can it be put to? How would you decide on the pricing of this bottle? How is Amitabh Bachhan relevant in Cadbury's ad?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 93.41 CAT percentiler with 10th -81%, 12th-61% and B.Tech. in CSE -68.16% and a work-experience of 2 years with the IT sector). Kindly introduce yourself. Why you want to join Welingkar? Which specialization you want to pursue? What do you think of China as a competitor of India? What advantages does India has over China? Who is the Defense minister of India? What are the issues of differences between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu? What are your hobbies? What was your work profile?
Psychometric Test And Creativity Test
Process: The Psychometric Test consists of 63 questions to be attempted in 20 minutes.It has questions such as "Are you outgoing "," Do you get nervous in a room full of people ? "," Do you enjoy love scenes in movies ? "," What will you more like to be: A forester or a teacher ? " All the questions have three options - " Yes "," No ", and " Uncertain ". Every option has some marks and on the basis of the score, candidate's personality type is determined.
- Creativity Test starts after a gap of 10 seconds. It consists of 20 questions like 'In a room full of 10 people, how many handshakes will happen?' In another question a logo was shown & the candidate was supposed to guess the company it belongs to.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: