The process of selection at WELINGKAR consists of Group Discussions, Psychometric test, Creativity test and Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 22 mins. (2 mins. to think and 20 mins. to discuss)
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 12
- Sales falling how to stop.
- MNC want to expand into India- make an extension strategy.
- Sustainable development hampers Industrial Progress?
- Steps to reduce pollution in New Delhi.
- What ails indian education system and where do we go from here
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20-30 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself. You have a very long name, what is its meaning? Why do you want to study management? Tell about your extra- curriculars? What are your future plans? How will you evaluate yourself if tested on a score of 100? What do you think about myself? (Pointing towards himself).
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Do you read newspapers? Which newspaper? Who is the editor of ‘The Hindu’? Where is it published? What is equity? Define an enterpreneur? What is the difference between a manager & leader? Why an MBA and not CA? What is a fishbone diagram? Who is the chairman of the planning commission of India?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Why did you drop a year after class 12th? Is India ready to engage youth in politics? Is the IPL profit making or not. Draw a Mahindra Scorpio. Sell Metro Rail to Vilaasrao Deshmukh. Who has Virgin Mobile collaborated with when it is coming into India? What are your weaknesses and strengths? What are your future endeavours?
Psychometric Test And Creativity Test
Process :The Psychometric Test consists of 63 questions to be attempted in 20 minutes.It has questions such as "Are you outgoing "," Do you get nervous in a room full of people ? "," Do you enjoy love scenes in movies ? "," What will you more like to be: A forester or a teacher ? " All the questions have three options - " Yes "," No ", and " Uncertain ". Every option has some marks and on the basis of the score, candidate's personality type is determined.
- Creativity Test starts after a gap of 10 seconds. It consists of 20 questions like 'In a room full of 10 people, how many handshakes will happen?' In another question a logo was shown & the candidate was supposed to guess the company it belongs to.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.