The process of selection at SIIB Pune consists of a Group Discussion on the basis of a picture shown, followed by another Group Discussion and then Personal Interview and extempore.
Feedback- Audio Visual Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins. (2 minutes for thinking and then 13 minutes for discussion).
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants: 9
- A photograph on child labor.
- A picture having Albert Einstein on left side and Jesus Christ on the other side.
- A picture containing Chandrayan missions advertisement, potholes on Indian roads, draught and flood In India.
- A photograph related to global warming.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 10 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants: 8
- UN has lost its relevance in a unipolar world.
- Direct Cash Transfer is a good alternative for subsidies.
- Manufacturing industries are being overpowered by IT industry.
- Should we have single government in the entire world?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15 mins
No. of Panelists : 2-3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A B.Tech. CSE student with downward trend in academics falling from 93% in 10th to 71% in Engineering and 99.13 in SNAP). Introduce yourself. Who is the Vice-Chancellor of your university? Whom did he replace? Do you know who founded Symbiosis? What is the meaning of Symbiosis? Why Symbiosis? What do you know about the recent policy of the government of India over poverty alleviation? What is NREGA? What is the amount of money the government has spent on it?
Extempore: A white board.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 98.4 SNAP scorer with 10th -89%, 12th-86% and B.Tech. CSE -76.5% marks). Introduce yourself. Why MBA? What were your problems at Rotaract club? Whom will you choose leader among Narendra Modi, M.S.Dhoni, Mukesh Ambani? What are leadership qualities? Give an entrepreneur's name that has all these leadership qualities? Are you a leader yourself? Give examples where you could depict leadership skills.
Extempore: FDI in retail.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 99.59 SNAP scorer having 10th -95.4%, 12th- 84.2% and B. Tech. Mechanical -78.64% marks and draws inspiration for MBA from internship at Reliance Industries and likes painting). How many people are employed by Reliance? What do you paint and can you explain some of the styles and forms of painting? Why MBA? Won't your engineering go waste after doing MBA? Which fields are you interested in MBA? What are your hobbies?
Extempore: Big states vs. small states.
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 98.728 SNAP scorer having 10th -94.8%, 12th- 88.8% and ECE B. Tech- 83.2% marks and a work experience of 18 months as a technology analyst). Introduce yourself. What kind of books you read? Why MBA? How was work culture in your previous organization? What is the role of HR. Tell us few Labor Laws? What was HR department called earlier? Why did you leave your organization?
Extempore: State divide is good or bad?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 99.2 SNAP scorer having 10th -76%, 12th- 78% and B. Tech CSE- 68% marks). Introduce yourself. Why MBA? Why don't you continue with your current job and become manager soon? What are the advantages of SIIB? Why is Aamir Khan your idol? What was his second movie? How many movies has he produced till now?
Extempore: Should internet piracy be legalized?