The process of selection at SIIB Pune consists of a Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interviews though not necessarily in the same order.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15-20 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Inflation is Inevitable in our Developing Country
- A bullet for a bullet - is this a right strategy
- Does Corporate World promote Entrepreneurship?
- Private institutes and deemed universities. What's your view on that
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 8 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: What do you expect from a B School? Give us the names of some good business leaders? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Tell us something about your work experience in EInfo Chips? There were questions on my surname and whether it had any relation with the place to which I belong?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: What is the meaning of your name? Do you think Infosys is facing any problems? You have done Chemical Engineering. So why work in an IT firm? There were questions on subprime crisis related to IT industry.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Is there any relevance of what you have studied in engineering? Give us an example where you have set a goal and achieved it. If you come to study in SIIB, would your family business not suffer due to that? Do you know what the cost of studying at SIIB is? Where do you see your firm after 5 years? What other exams have you appeared for? What are the other calls that you have received?
Overall Feedback - PI
The interviews were very general in nature and more focus was laid on assessing the general intent of a candidate for pursuing his MBA from SIIB. There were questions related to SIIB. There were hardly any questions related to academics or work experience. Since the selection procedure consisted of a group discussion as well as a group task so the interviews generally lasted for around 6 to 8 Minutes.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: