The process of selection at IIT Kanpur consists of a Group Discussion which is a case study based exercise. After which a personal interview was conducted.
Feedback- Group Discussion with case study
Average Duration : 5 min. to write and 1 min to think and 5 min to discuss
No. of Panelists : 4 (3 evaluators + 1 student moderator).
No. of Participants : 10 to 15
- Are space programs a way to go for a country like India considering its poverty?
- What should be the intent behind entrepreneurship?
- Alcohol is affecting the corporate sector / company.
- Based on a case study “Correlation between corruption and development”.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-50 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1: (A 84.74%iler in CAT, with graduation in BE (CSE) with 6.74 CGPA, 63.61% in 12th and 83.38% in 10th). Why so low marks in graduation? +2 level math questions? Draw a graph of log cosx and logyex. Probability: 5 Blue, 3 Green, 2 Red Balls are there in a bag. What is the probability of drawing out 2 blue balls? What is your favourite subject? Write an algorithm for cypherization (locking and unlocking of messages). Why the units in the computer language are in the form of 2n?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: (A 95.2%iler in CAT with B.Tech background and academic profile as 93.6% in Graduation, 86.8% in 12th and 92.2% in 10th). Who did you vote for? Academic profile? File was asked and observed. Favourite subject: Applied Thermodynamic. SI units for measurement time etc. Basic definition. First law thermodynamics. Refrigeration system – draw the graph. Questions about extracurricular activities.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 98.52%iler in CAT with 21 months of work experience in Infosys with academic profile as 69.23% in B.tech, 75.4% in 12th and 83.4% in 10th). Introduction. Technical Aspect. 11th and 12th physics questions. Circuit Diagram – explain. What is the significance? The circuit diagram was a simple diagram having voltmeter, resistor, key etc. Why MBA?
- Excerpts from Interview 4: (A 95.85%iler in CAT with academic profile as 72% in Graduation, 82% in 12th and 83% in 10th). How does an AC work? Draw the AC cycle diagram? Humidity control in an AC? How is achieved in real? Industrial Project related questions.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: