The process of selection at IIT Kanpur consists of Group Discussion and document verification. Personal Interviews are clubbed with the other IITs which provide them with the scores of the candidates.
Feedback – Group Discussion (Case Study)
Average Duration : 90 secs. Per person + 5 min. for group discussion
No. of Panelists : 3 evaluator + 1 moderator
No. of Participants : 12 to 15
- MBA in India is highly overrated.
- Management of Agro Businesses in India – A Key Perspective
- A case where a 25 years experienced employee injured himself while working on an electricity pole without electric safety equipments. Key issues & challenges.
- Are we ready for our own management? (The case about a company trying to encourage its own employees towards managerial position and not hiring anyone)
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 2-3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : What is your favorite subject? What programming languages do you know? Which other programming languages do you know? Do you know Pascal? But, Pascal is very old, how did you learn it? Don’t you get bored of coding? Why do you like C? Really, So, can you cook with C? How do you write a pointer to a function which takes integer pointer and returns nothing? How pointers are stored? How compiler handles various pointers? How Printf function works? How compiler figures out the data type of pointers passed at runtime? Do you know computer graphics? Can you explain the various algorithms that you used in your project? What are the optimizations that you looked into in your project?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Where did you spend your one year? Tell me which is your favorite subject? What is equivalence relation? Can you give an example that relation which is not reflexive but symmetric and transitive? The given graph with N vertices and M edges, how many min and max edges can be there in spanning tree? Can you define relationship between geometric mean and arithmetic mean? Tell me what is geometric mean and arithmetic mean. Is it correct, odd numbers square are also odd numbers? Can you prove addition of two odd numbers give you even number? Can you tell me any algorithm to find spanning tree from graph? What is 2PL protocol? Can you get conflict serializable schedule with basic 2PL protocol? Do you know what is deadlock and starvation?