The process of selection at IIT Kanpur consists of a Group Discussion which is a case study based exercise. After this a personal interview was conducted.
Feedback- Group Discussion with case study
Average Duration : 5 min. to write and 1 min to think and 5 min to discuss
No. of Panelists : 4 (3 evaluators + 1 student moderator).
No. of Participants : 10 to 15
- Are space programs a way to go for a country like India considering its poverty?
- What should be the intent behind entrepreneurship?
- Alcohol is affecting the corporate sector / company.
- Based on a case study “Correlation between corruption and development”.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-50 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : (A 84.74%iler in CAT, with graduation in BE (CSE) with 6.74 CGPA, 63.61% in 12th and 83.38% in 10th). Why so low marks in graduation? +2 level math questions? Draw a graph of log cosx and logyex. Probability: 5 Blue, 3 Green, 2 Red Balls are there in a bag. What is the probability of drawing out 2 blue balls? What is your favourite subject? Write an algorithm for cypherization (locking and unlocking of messages). Why the units in the computer language are in the form of 2n?
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : (A 95.2%iler in CAT with B.Tech background and academic profile as 93.6% in Graduation, 86.8% in 12th and 92.2% in 10th). Who did you vote for? Academic profile? File was asked and observed. Favourite subject: Applied Thermodynamic. SI units for measurement time etc. Basic definition. First law thermodynamics. Refrigeration system – draw the graph. Questions about extracurricular activities.
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 98.52%iler in CAT with 21 months of work experience in Infosys with academic profile as 69.23% in B.tech, 75.4% in 12th and 83.4% in 10th). Introduction. Technical Aspect. 11th and 12th physics questions. Circuit Diagram – explain. What is the significance? The circuit diagram was a simple diagram having voltmeter, resistor, key etc. Why MBA?
- Excerpts from Interview 4 : (A 95.85%iler in CAT with academic profile as 72% in Graduation, 82% in 12th and 83% in 10th). How does an AC work? Draw the AC cycle diagram? Humidity control in an AC? How is achieved in real? Industrial Project related questions.