The process of selection at MBE/MFC consists of a Group discussion followed by personal interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 10
- There is no wrong way for doing right things.
- Role of celebrities in brand endorsement.
- Corruption is necessary evil for success.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20 mins
No. of Panelists : 3-4
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A B.Tech. Biotech student with 10th -89.4%, 12th- 71.4% and Engineering-69% and job in Biocon and interest in sketching).
MFC: Technology can do wonders for mankind, do you agree? Why do you want to change your field? What does RBI do? What is biotechnology? Is it science or art? Have you heard about the earth summit? What is genetically modified food? Why is government putting ban on modified food? Why is genetic modification limited only to crop and not to vegetables that we consume?
MBE : Introduce yourself. Why MBE? What are precautionary principles? What are the advantages and disadvantages of genetically modified food? Draw a curve of price and demand. What is your opinion on robotics in surgery? What is your opinion on robotics in agriculture?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 97.7 CAT percentiler with 10th -83%, 12th-84% and B.Tech. Mechanical -68.51% and work experience of 1.5 years with JCBL).
MBE : Tell me something about yourself. Why should Sehwag be selected for the next tournament? On what parameters will you judge him? Which department of JCBL have you worked for? How did you prepare for the interview? What was the growth rate of the past fiscal year? What is it right now? What is the projected growth rate? What is the difference between FDI and FII?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 98.2 CAT percentiler from Kashmir with 10th -87.2%, 12th-81.5% and B.Tech. Industrial engineering -67.1%. and work experience in an industrial firm for 2 years).
MFC : Tell us about yourself. What is the problem with Kashmir? What is your work profile? Who are your clients? What kind of solutions do you provide to them? Why MBA. Which other calls do you have? Which will you chose? Is the budget this year a real solution to improve growth rate?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 98.05 CAT percentiler with 10th -95%, 12th -89.8% and B.Com.- 82.72% and is a C.A. with no work experience).
MBE : Introduce yourself. Which was the last novel you read? What are subsidies? What is fiscal deficit? What is the difference between fiscal and current account deficit? What is the difference between real and nominal rent? What is the difference between FDI and FII?
MFC : Tell us about your family and college? What does your father do? What is AAA credit rating? What is capital gain tax liability? What are your strengths? If you are given the option of either working in a big company but at a lower post or in a small company but at an important position, which one will you choose?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: