ICFAI Business School (IBS)functions under ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE). IBS is one of the top 50 B-schools in India. It offers an MBA program at Hyderabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, and Bangalore campuses. The equivalent PGPM program is offered at Gurgaon, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Pune, and Mumbai campuses. The institute shortlists candidates for MBA/PGPM, on the basis of its own entrance test (IBSAT) scores. However, other tests (CAT/ NMAT/ GMAT/SNAP/XAT/MAT/CMAT/CET (Maharashtra) and other State-level test) are also accepted.
The final admission is determined bythe candidate’s past academic profile and performance in the subsequent selection rounds.
MBA/PGPM ‘22 admission procedure at IBS followed the given order:
- Shortlisting (based on IBSAT or other entrance test score)
- Personal Interview (Includes a Micro-presentation)
A group of two panellists evaluated the candidates based on their personal values, career goals, academics, experiences, and general knowledge. The interviews were short and lasted for 7-12 minutesper candidate. During the interview, the candidates were also given a micro-presentation (extempore) topic to speak on for a few minutes. These topics were based on latest trending events, developments, or general issues. Here are some of the experiences shared by candidates interviewed in 2022:
- Speak on the topic ‘Artificial Intelligence and its impact on society’. (6-7 minutes given for micro-presentation)
- Introduce yourself
- Why this shift from technical to the managerial field?
- You mentioned Machine Learning in your presentation. Can you elaborate on it?
- Can you tell me some layman examples of AI and ML applications?
- What is IoT?Have you used it anywhere?
- Who is the current President of the UK?
- Which countries are in the top five economies of the world?
- Which factors influence the economy?
- If given a chance, which prominent individual would you interview and why? And which one from India?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What did you learn from your four-yeargap, that would be relevant to the MBA program?
- How many colours or shades do you have in your tie?
- Why have you selected this backdrop for your interview?
- What is the colour of your blazer or coat?
- Do you know why am I asking all these questions?