Recognised as the ‘University with Potential for Excellence’, Christ University (CU) counts among the best universities of India. It offers UG and PG courses in nine different fields. CU’s School of Business and Management extendsa full-time MBA programme across all its campuses. For shortlisting, the school accepts the scores of several MBA entrance tests, including CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, GRE, and ATMA. Finally, the admission list is prepared based on thecandidate’s entrance test scores and the performance in the next screening rounds.
MBA ‘22 admission procedure at Christ Universityfollowed the given steps:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT/GRE/ATMA score)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Micro Presentation (MP)
- Personal Interview
The candidates were divided into groups of 15 each and given a general topic related to business, management, or current event. The time limit for GD was 30 minutes. One of the topics allotted in 2022 was:
- Business: Ethics or profits?
Micro Presentation was basically an extempore round. In this, the candidate was asked to choose one topic from the given list, told to prepare it in 30 seconds and then speak on it for 90seconds.Here are some of the topics given for the MP round:
- Role of social media in business
- Is Freedom of Press important?
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
- The Plastic Menace
- Importance of Sports in schools
- Views on Bitcoin/CryptoCurrency
- Bio-war and Bio-weapons
The panellists assessed the candidates as per their career preferences, academics, general awareness, etc. For freshers, the focus was primarily on testing the academic knowledge. On average,interviewswent on for 10-15 minutes per candidate. Here are some of the experiences shared by candidates interviewed during MBA ’22 admissions:
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell us about all the important terms like GDP, repo rate, reverse repo rate, and PPP. (followed by more questions on the same.)
- Do you read the news?
- What are your views on the latest budget?
- What other calls do you have?
- In which other colleges have you applied?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Who is your role model?
- Why MBA?
- What is a product?
- What is a brand? What is the difference between brand and product?
- What did you learn in your internships?