The selection process at the 6 new IIM’s consists of Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 20-30 mins
- Over the years, reading habits of the youth has declined. What are the causes & effects?
- People in college are eligible for voting, but they don’t register what should be done.
- Sexual violence against women has increased. News agencies report high profile cases. Are these genuine or hyped?
- Pros & cons of child celebrities.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 97.7%iler in CAT with 49.92 in IIFT with CGPA (8.73) an Aerospace Engineering in 12th – 83.2% and 10th-91.7%). Firstly they checked the certificates. Why Aerospace engineering? How are MBA & Aerospace connect? What do you mean by Solid Mechanics? What did you study in Aerodynamics?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 97.46%iler in CAT with 97.97 in XAT and 60.66 IIFT with 19 months work experience as computer science engineer with academic profile as CGPA 7.83, 12th -76% and 10th- 83.6). Introduce yourself? Infosys – what are positives of Narayanmurthy? Share 7% of Sudha Murthy. Hobby-Footballs. Design an algorithm for world cup winner.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 97.91%iler in CAT with 2 years of work experience with graduation in B.Com and CA (Inter) and CS (Executive) and academic profile as 76% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 92% in 10th). Speciality in e-commerce. Who is the CEO of Jabong? 3L, 5L and unlimited water, can you calculate 4L. Will you leave CA? Training-31 months? Relate it to current politics.
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 81%iler in CAT with non-general category with B. Tech in Bio-Tech with academic profile as 65% in graduation, 85% in 12th and 90.3% in 10th). What are other people saying about us? What do you mean by Genetically Modified Crops). Draw the structure of DNA molecule. A GK question on Politics.
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 98.29%iler in CAT and 95%iler in XAT with work experience of 3 years and B. Tech in chemical with 64.36%, 76.2% in 12th and 88.6% in 10th). Tell us something about yourself. How do you handle challenges at work? How would you rate the performance of your company? Is MBA science or an art? What is the net profit of Vedanta? Components of raw material.