The selection process at the 6 new IIM's consists of Essay Writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 20 mins.
- Use of force by banks to recover loans.
- Research personnel are turning to the corporate world.
- FDI is bad for India.
- You should not mix religion and politics.
- To disbelieve is easy, to scoff is simple but to have faith is hard
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2-3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 96 percentiler B. Tech. CSE having a consistent academics at around 70% and anexperience of 5 months as lecturer): Speak on any topic of your choice? (Spoke on FDI for 2 mins.) What is FDI? Do you think its apt to bring it in retail at this point of time? What is cloud computing? Tell us something about Indian IT industry? What is the role of computers in Rural India? What have you learned in your profession? Don't you think our country needs good teachers? How was your experience and how do you relate it to MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 97 percentiler B. Tech. ECE having a consistent academics at around 70% and no work-ex): How does internet work? Where are the servers for internet located? What are the differences between 2G and 3G? Tell us about Rural Education Scam? Who is the editor of The Hindu? If Amitabh Bachhan dies,what will be the effect on sensex? How does roaming system work? How does a cell phone work? Why does Tata Docomo charge more in roaming than BSNL?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 98.2 percentiler B.C.A. with declining academics, no work-ex and a family background hailing from army): Tell me the hierarchy in Army? Which is the latest scandal in the Indian army? Do you know Raveena Tandon? Should we conserve tigers or look after poor people? Compare size of Bollywood with Hollywood? Which places have you travelled to in India? How would you design a tablet like Akash and distribute it to the poor people? What are your priorities in choosing an MBA college? A task was given wherein newspaper cuttings were pasted on a chart, the candidate was made to see these for 10 seconds and recollect what he saw.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 97.4 percentiler B. Tech. with good academics and 2 years of work-ex as Business Analyst in a reputed Engineering Company; belongs to Mumbai; plan B to become an IAS officer): What is the formula of Laughing gas? Introduce yourself? Why is Bombay known as Mumbai? What are the places around Mumbai? Why do you want to be an IAS? If you want to be an IAS why are you here for an MBA? What was your role in the organization?