The Common Admissions Test (CAT) is a prerequisite for acceptance to any respectable business school. After
that, you will need to face the remaining rounds of selection to ensure your final admission. So, if you are
likely to receive the much-awaited call from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Nagpur, arm yourself for
the next battle! Contending with selectively chosen applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences seems
easier than done, especially when they possess nearly the same calibre as you.
The selection process for PGDM/ MBA programme is intended to establish whether or not an applicant's
background and skillset are a good fit for the academic standards of the programme. The selection committee
looks at the candidate’s understanding to be able to perform in the future career.
About IIM Nagpur
In 2015, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Nagpur came into being under the guidance of the Indian
Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad. As a new generation IIM, it remains committed to developing global
managers and entrepreneurs with a firm grasp of theory and an analytical mindset. IIM-N is also a member of
AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). The institute aims to join the worldwide network
and aid in the development of high-quality business programmes all over the world
IIM Nagpur offers full-time MBA, PhD, and various executive programmes.
Selection Process at IIM Nagpur
In the first stage, IIM-N declares a list of candidates selected for the personal interview
round, as per their CAT scores. Finally, the admission list is released after a thorough scrutiny of the
candidate’s interview performance, professional experience, diversity, academic background, and CAT
scores. In the case of overseas candidates, GMAT scores are considered instead of CAT, and they also need to
take part in a written assessment.
Interview Questions at IIM Nagpur
Candidates are interviewed by a panel of 2-3 experts. Recent events, general knowledge, and academic subject
expertise often form the parameters for assessing a candidate’s awareness. Those with work experience are
also given role-specific questions and scenario-based circumstances to resolve. Each interview lasts between
25-30 minutes. Some of the interview questions from the past years' IIM-N admissions are as follows:
IIM Nagpur - Interview Experiences
Academics & Work Experience
- Where did you find your Goa hotel rivals, and what did you do to stay ahead of the competition?
- When you have free time, do you read the newspaper? Which news item dominated the headlines today?
- What kinds of problems or crises did you confront in your job?
- Provide an example of an unethical business choice that a company made.
- What exactly do you do at your present internship?
- Where did you go to college?
- Did you study project management in graduation?
- Why do you wish to leave your current job position?
- Compare and contrast the roles of an architect and a civil engineer.
- As an investment advisor, how will you tailor your recommendations to each client's unique level of
comfort with risk?
Personality Traits & Goals
- What would you do if a guest acted impolitely?
- Ok, so you want to start your own business, but where do you begin?
- Why IIM Nagpur? and please avoid cliched answers.
- After completing your MBA programme, what are your plans?
- In your SOP, you stated Walt Disney’s quote that if you have the bravery to go after your dreams, you
will achieve them. Where do your hopes and aspirations lie?
- Why do you want to pursue MBA? Why not get a post-graduate degree in your own field?
Current Events & General Awareness
- In Kerala, the covid control model was widely recognised. Please enlighten me on the subject.
- What exactly is wrong with inflation?
- What are some of the most well-known tourist attractions in your State?
- How far is Nagpur from your city?
Hobbies & Extra-Curriculars
- What is your routine at the gym? Do you take any sort of nutritional supplement? When it comes to whey
what variations are there?
- Covid has had a devastating impact on swimming as a sport. Is there anything you can recommend to help us
beyond this obstacle?
- Can you tell me how long you have been practising meditation and whether you have sought any outside
- Tell me how working at an NGO will benefit your MBA studies.