The selection process at the 6 new IIM’s consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 20-30 mins
Words : 300
- TV news channel showing same event hour after hour. Your views on it.
- National heroes are created and destroyed by government. Should we revisit our history?
- Problems arising due to increasing illiteracy rates and government measures to check it.
- Regarding criminalization of Politics with so many criminals being selected and how can we stop it.
- Notice period for employees before quitting job is one of the highest in India as compared to rest of the world. In the current scenario when it’s easier for companies to find and train replacements, such long notice periods are now under consideration. Your views?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Notice period for employees before quitting job is one of the highest in India as compared to rest of the world. In the current scenario when it’s easier for companies to find and train replacements, such long notice periods are now under consideration. Your views?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : What Happened to your leg? (Leg fractured). Do you follow cricket properly and asked which two countries are playing today's World Cup match? Introduce yourself. What does “dum” in Hyderabadi Dum Biryani means? (hobby – cooking) You said you are a good leader so did you participate in Telangana agitations? Did you ever think of getting into politics? Which states do you prefer small or large? Did you get a job in the campus? Is leader a manager or a manager a leader? Did you ever fail in your leadership? Given a differentiation question to solve. Asked to solve a puzzle. What is a pointer?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Tell us something about you we don’t already know. There was a subject called Analog and Digital Electronics in your engineering? Tell us something about it in layman terms. We are all non-engineers here. What about Control Systems? What’s the difference between data and measurement? So you are working in TCS for five years? So in a few years’ time you will be very well placed in the company. So why go for MBA now? Do you have any questions for us?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : Where are you from? How did you come to Mumbai? Train, bus, by air? There was recently a new flight launched between Mumbai and Ahmedabad. Exclusively. What is the name? Tell me about yourself. Tell us something that is not in your file. What do you like to read? So you like to teach. Since when have you been teaching? Which subjects? Have you read Mahabharat in Sanskrit? So, if you like teaching and you are Software Engineer. Why don't you teach Software? So why MBA then. No relation with teaching. Please explain. Do you know what do you study in MBA? Give me the names of a few subjects that one studies in an MBA. What other calls do you have? Which one would you select out of XLRI and New IIMs? Give me three reasons why oil prices have gone up recently. What newspapers do you read?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : Tell us about yourself. Who is your favorite singer? Don't you follow old songs or listen to old singers like Rafi, Kishore or Manna Dey? Why did you quit your job at Cisco? Do you make enough money in photography? Why did you quit Cognizant after working there only for 3 months? Why do you want to do an MBA? Why do you want to get back in the industry after becoming an entrepreneur already? Won't it be difficult for you to adjust yourself back in a corporate job after working as a freelancer? Do you follow current affairs? Who is the Principal Secretary of Chhattisgarh state? Who is the CM? Isn't Nitish Kumar the CM of Chhattisgarh? Are you sure? Bihar's CM is Sitaram Manjhi, are you sure? Tell me something very significant that has been in the international news in the last one week.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: