The selection process of IIM K consists of essay Writing, a Case study followed by a Personal interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.
- Man is born ignorant; not stupid, but is education making him stupid?
- Genetically modified plants can improve food security for a country like India which has an ever growing population.
- Freedom of opinion can only exist when the govt. itself feels secure.
- 'Man is a credulous animal; he needs something to believe in. If he doesn't find anything good to believe in, he'll believe in something bad'.
- Opinion formation is encouraged only when government is secure about its existence.
- Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
- History is always the story of the victor and not the vanquished.
- Martin Luther King's quote – 'If you cannot die for something, you do not deserve to live'.
Feedback - Case Study
- English, its usage and importance in India.
- Today the Indian men prefer western attire, while women still go with traditional. Do Indian men need to learn from the women?
- The demand raised by India and other developing nations regarding the funds from west to transfer the technology to reduce carbon emissions
- Paragraph related to earth and how we are not doing anything which if not taken care of will lead to our own destruction
- An article regarding agriculture industry and contract farming, how it is helping rural economy.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Do you really think environment is that much a concern? So what can we do to help the environment? There is something related to environment today, are you aware? (it was Earth Hour Day) Your academic record has not been good in engineering. Why? You passed out last year, what did you do till now? What you plan to do after MBA? (entrepreneurship) What will you start with? (candidate said poultry as it was his father's business) heard that chicken is unhealthy because of all the hormones injected. So why will I buy it? You've written that you organized a product launch event for your father's company. How will you launch your own product? How will you predict the market for the next 2 years for your product? What techniques will you use? How many Indians are non-vegetarians? You know this number is very critical for your business. You know about PETA? What does it do? So don't you think you'll face trouble from them? Which was your favorite subject in chemical engineering? What was taught in it? So how do you design a distillation column? What is this nanotechnology?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Why don't you introduce yourself? (candidate included middle class family) What you mean by middle class? Everyone coming here and telling the same word. What is FSK? What is PCM? (candidate couldn't answer these) You came here without knowing any detail of your academics. What should we ask you? Which Technology you work on? What's your role? What are the 3 famous type of maintenance? So you think you are efficient? What are your interests? What do you want to do after MBA?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.