The process of selection at IIM- I consists of Essay & Group discussion followed by a Psychometric test & a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay
Average Duration : 20 mins
Word Limit: 200
- Women's reservation not needed in a world where women ask for equality with men.
- Corruption can neither be eliminated nor be mitigated in India.
- Economic recession for how long?
- Consumerism and prosperity cannot go hand in hand.
- Providing education should be government's job only
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: How much was your CAT percentile? Was it a fluke? Your handwriting is so pathetic! (read out the essay to the candidate) Why do you favor reservation for women? Why you have horrible academics? What extracurricular activities were you involved in at your college? Even after preparing for one full year you couldn't get into IIT. Why less grades in engineering also? Then why did you do engineering if you were not interested? How was your college? Which computer language are you learning in your college? Why did you choose IT in engineering? And why you want to do MBA now? Why you want to get into IIM Indore?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: What is this 'surname' you have? Everyone must be calling you by this name? So your academics look very good. Are you so strong at academics? What does Ni do when mixed to steel? Tell me three major irrigation projects in AP, and how they changed the economy? What is this grade 'D' in Physics? Still, D grade is not good. So tell me what did you do in extra curricular activities? Your current salary is good. Why do you want to leave it? Did you give the same answer at IIMB? How was your IIMB interview? Why do you even want to come to IIMI if you have other calls?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What happens in an airplane? Does the pilot operate conveyor belts and pulleys? What is the difference between a motor and a transformer? What is there inside a transformer? How does a transformer work? Why is transformer oil used? What is the usual efficiency of a transformer? Why is it not 100%? Tell me something about the various types of losses? Can you draw the hysteresis curve? What is eddy current loss? What are the different types of power stations? What are the problems in distribution of power? What does LTTE stand for? Which are the major political parties in Tamil Nadu?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.