The process of selection at IIM- I consists of Case Study followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Studies
Average Duration : 30 minutes for written analysis and 20 minutes for discussion.
- A case study, about an employee who is a programming wizard but at the same time he is not a team player and frequently scuffles with co-workers. One day he goes overboard, fights with a colleague and bunks an important client meeting. The manager is a simple and a straightforward person. He does not like to argue and finds this employee a pain in the neck. What should the manager do?
- A case study involving Susan, a conservative religious Christian girl who is attracted by army life. She marries her childhood friend, Navin, an army officer against the wishes of her parents. After some time, she realizes army life is not so idealistic, as imagined by her. She comes to know that her husband has committed excesses and had an illicit affair, when on posting in N-E. What should she do? Should she take divorce?
- A case study involving a company that lost out on the quality of its core product due to diversification into new products, Corporate Social Responsibility & branding activities by its new CEO. What should the company do now?
- A case study on a company being a market leader with innovation being its USP. In the face of growing competition, the company is now facing a lot of changes. Opinion of many important people in the company was given. What should the CEO do?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Tell me about yourself? Why MBA If you are doing so well in your job? Why IIM - Indore? What is Management Information System? What is DSS? Who was Gokhale? (Gokhale Education Society was mentioned on one of the candidate's certificates). Tell me about some freedom fighters of India? Who wrote the Constitution Of India? What is Federal Republic? What are fundamental rights of a citizen of India? What are the guiding principles of the Constitution?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: How would you describe your academic performance?What have you studied in Kinematics of Mechanics? How many types of gears are there? Where are these gears used? What is the difference between gear hobbling and gear shaping? What is Vizag famous for? What is the difference between soccer and football? What is the difference between football and American football? Where did rugby originate?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What happens in an aero plane? Does the pilot operate conveyor belts and pulleys?What is the difference between a motor and a transformer? What is there inside a transformer? How does a transformer work? Why is transformer oil used? What is the usual efficiency of a transformer? Why is it not 100%? Tell me something about the various types of losses? Can you draw the hysteresis curve? What is eddy current loss? What are the different types of power stations? What are the problems in distribution of power? What does LTTE stand for? Which are the major political parties in Tamil Nadu?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.