The selection process at IIM A consists of Essay writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration: 15 mins.
- Sensationalism in media should be censored
- Everything should be as simple as can be but not simpler
- Indian agriculture sector
- Profit is the only business of business.
- Direct democracy instead of representative democracy can solve the problem of corruption
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A CAT 100 percentiler from IIT Ropar doing B. Tech. in Electrical and fresher with very good academics and has interest in science and electronics): You are from IIT Ropar, is it? Is your campus ready? What is the general review of your batch regarding your new IIT? You are from Electrical Engineering, what is super critical condition? Have you heard of LHC(Large Hadron collider)? What is the outcome of it? Who would want to know what happened billions of years ago? Explain the theory of relativity? What is the outcome of such a theory? (Time travel) Explain What are your career plans? What does an inverter do? These days, in Delhi every house has an inverter. Why not have one for the whole locality? What is the difference between theorem and a lemma? What is the Pythagoras theorem?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 99.67 percentiler B. Tech. Metallurgical and Materials, with very good academics all above 85% and no work-ex): How is your college? What is the process of making steel? What is austenite? Equipments used and furnances? Types of furnances? Do you have interest in world economics? Euro zone debt crisis? Why did it happen?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 99.92 percentiler with falling trend in academics from 89% in 10th to 71% in B. Tech. Civil Engineering and a work-ex of 18 months in Coal India): Have you done some management courses? What is CPM and PERT? If you travel from A to B at the rate of 40kms./hr, what should be your return speed to make an average speed of 80 kms./hr? Why MBA? What other calls do you have? Why do not you go for finance?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 99.78 percentiler , B.Com. graduate fresher with very good consistent academics and has interest in finance): Asked about consumer product and capital product difference? What subjects interest you? (Accounts and Economics). What is PPF? What are Substitute goods and economies of scale? Hobbies / leisure time activities?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.