The process of selection at MDI consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 12-15 mins.
No. of Panelists :
No. of Participants :10
- No. of Participants:10
- To reap Demographic dividends poverty should be reduced
- Villages are the pride of India
- Has Judicial System of India failed?
- Medical professionals are worst exploited in the country
- Democracy is for the educated
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Oh you are from Panipat, what is it famous for? What is your father's business? So you studied in the government college, where is it located in that city? Some more questions about the campus and college life. You have such a good job; you are earning so high, why do you want to waste your 2 yrs in MBA? Tell us who was the most obnoxious person in the GD? Kindly help us identify most shouting/loud elements. (Kept iterating the same question many times) Did you take any coaching for GD PI? (Answer: No) That's why you don't know. These coaching people teach how to start the GD. Do you read? Which newspaper? (Answer: Hindu) Everybody reads Hindu here, why? Who is the cartoonist for Deccan chronicle? In GD you mentioned 'culture', what does that mean?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : What is the meaning of sustainable development? (Academics). Tell me the subjects you studied in IT. What is late binding? What books you follow for OO Analysis and Design? Why you don't follow Bjarne Strostrup's book? Tell me why MBA? Oh that's what the coaching has taught you, tell me the real reason? How MDI can help you with it? What would you learn from an MBA?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.