The selection process at FMS consists of an Extempore followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Extempore
Topic is given during the interview itself
Duration: 10-15 seconds for thinking and 1-2 minutes speaking
- Nek Chand
- French Fries
- Guru Gobind Singh
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2-3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 98.20 CAT percentiler with 95.80% in 10th, 88% in 12th and 88.60% in B.E. C.S.E). Introduce Yourself? What is rate of our country’s GDP growth? How has software science revolutioned science? What is the percentage of IT exports in India?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 84.73 CAT percentiler non general candidate, with 83.38% in 10th, 63.61% in 12th and 6.74 GPA in B.E. C.S.E).Introduce yourself? Name some of your hobbies? What is the GDP growth rate? What is the inflation rate? What do you mean by fiscal deficit?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 98.29 CAT percentiler and B. Tech. Civil candidate having 10th -91.0%, 12th- 93.0% and Engineering-79.90% marks). What do you mean by beam? What is the percentage of Fly Ash content in cement and in concrete? What is isoseismal? What is meant by Friction Pile?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 99.32 CAT percentiler and B. Tech. C.S.E student having 10th -94.80%, 12th- 84.60% and Engineering-6.84). Introduce Yourself? What will you bring to FMS? Why should we not take you? What other calls do you have?
- Excerpts from Interview 5 : (A 99.70 CAT percentiler and B.tech Mechanical student having 10th -94% , 12th – 73% and Engineering -79.40%). What do you mean by supply chain management? Name two TQM gurus? What is the name of our Railway Minister? How is management related to Mechanical Engineering? What are the different types of marketing?