Excerpts from Interview #1:
(A B.Engg – Mechanical student from Panjab University with 6.4 CGPA and having 87.5 % in 12th and 90 % in 10th standard.)
- Write a program to find factorial of a number using recursive function.
- Describe 2 different ways to concatenate two strings.
- Give syntax for SQL and ORACLE joins.
- How is modularity introduced in C++?
- Describe your hobbies.
- Your working hours might be as long as 14 hrs per day. Do you think you'll be able manage that?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- According to you, which profile in our organization matches your skills?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(A B.Engg. – Civil student from Panjab University with profile as 6.9 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- What is the difference between a Stack and a Queue.
- Give example to differentiate between call by value and call by reference.
- Why the usage of pointers in C++ is not recommended ?
- What do you mean by Data mining?
- Write a program to reverse a string.
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Was asked to give an approach the below problem:
- "Let's say that you have 25 horses, and you want to pick the fastest 3 horses out of those 25. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time because there are only 5 tracks. What is the minimum number of races required to find the 3 fastest horses without using a stopwatch?"
- Do you wish to change your domain? If yes, why?
- Describe an experience of yours wherein you were asked to do something which you didn't like to do and how you handled it?
- What are your expectations from the company?
- Will you be comfortable relocating?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(A B.Engg. – ECE student from Panjab University with profile as 6.1 CGPA and having 89.4 % in 12th and 86 % in 10th.)
- Describe these concepts: Polymorphism, Inheritance and Abstraction.
- What is full form of SMAC? Discuss few about it.
- What is cloud computing? Give some of its applications in real world.
- What are stacks? Give some of its applications.
- One rectangular plate with length 8inches,breadth 11 inches and 2 inches thickness is there. what is the length of the circular rod with diameter 8 inches and equal to volume of rectangular plate?
- How would you connect 8 dots with 3 lines.
- Can you please run us through your resume?
- Describe your interests and hobbies.
- What do you think are leadership qualities?
- How would you measure 4 liters using jugs of 3l and 5l? Give a few solutions to this problem?
- Write a program to allot rooms to n students on basis of roll number.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(A B.Engg. – Mechanical student from Panjab University with profile as 8.2 CGPA and having 71.4 % in 12th and 89.7 % in 10th.)
- Give the difference between the type casting and automatic type conversion. Also tell a suitable C++ code to illustrate both.
- Can you declare a private method as static?
- How many JVMs can run on a single machine and what is the meaning of Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler?
- Differentiate between copy and default constructor.
- What is #ifdef ? What is its application?
- You are given a singly linked list. How would you find out if it contains a loop or not without using temporary space?
- A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was travelling at a speed of 45 mph. find the speed limit .
- What are different errors encountered while complying?
- Why do you think makes you a suitable candidate for this job?
- Why haven’t you received any other offer till now?
- You are not as experienced as this position demands. How will you cope with it?
- Rate your communication skills and technical skills.
- What is your style of management? What irks you the most about your co-workers?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(A B.Engg. – Civil student from Panjab University with profile as 8.2 CGPA and having 78.5 % in 12th and 85 % in 10th.)
- How would you implement two stacks using a single array?
- Difference between keyword and identifier.
- What is the Big-O Notation?
- What do you understand by garbage collection in Java? Can it be forced to run?
- What happens if an array goes out-of-bounds?
- What is the role of C++ shorthand’s?
- Give a brief introduction of yourself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- Why should you be hired for this role?
- Give an instance when you showed leadership skills.
- What do you know about the various competitors of TCS in the market?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(A B.Engg. – Civil student from Panjab University with profile as 9 CGPA and having 88.5 % in 12th and 93 % in 10th.)
- Discuss the function of conditional operator, size of operator and comma operator with examples.
- Describe friend function & its advantages.
- Differentiate between null and void pointers.
- Write a program to add three numbers in C++ utilizing classes.
- Devise a program that inputs a 3 digit number n and finds out whether the number is prime or not. Find out its factors.
- Explain debugger.
- What are the different types of sorting? Explain the difference between them.
- What is meant by entry controlled loop? What all C++ loops are exit controlled?
- Who was your inspiration behind becoming an Engineer?
- You will be required to sign bond of two years as terms of work agreement. Will you be comfortable with it?
- Are you comfortable with relocating?
- Who was the founder of TCS? Who is the current CEO of TCS?
- Do you think you have quick learning ability?
- What is your expectation from us?
- How would you react if you are criticized by your manager for your work?
Other Resources for Placement Training: