Excerpts from Interview #1:
(CGPA 7.3 in Graduation, 80.1% in 12th and 86.6% in 10th).
- What is the critical speed of shaft?
- What is combine power generation?
- What is select miller cutter?
- What is calibration of an instrument?
- Can you define yourself in one word?
- Are you willing to work nights and weekends?
- What attracted you to this company?
- What is the meaning of your name?
- What is the value of a property, which has been insured at the rate of 1/6% of its value, if the annual premium paid on it is Rs. 83.33 (in Rs.)?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What kind of salary are you looking for?
- What major problem have you had to deal with recently?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(CGPA 7.3 in Graduation, 85.27% in 12th and 90% in 10th.)
- Define surge tank.
- What is a gray surface?
- Can you explain the refrigeration cycle?
- What is a master gauge ?
- What Is cold working of metals? Give some of its principal methods.
- Define stiffness.
- What is a cat head in production engineering ?
- What is tack welding ?
- What is hot working of metals? Give some of its principal methods.
- Classify driling machines.
- Introduce yourself.
- Do you have plans for any further studies?
- How do you handle yourself when you're extremely stressed?
- Why Essar?
- Do you have any questions?
- Tell me about some of your recent goals and what you did to achieve them.
- How much training do you think you'll need to become a productive employee?
- A farmer built a fence around his 17 cows, in a square shaped region. He used 27 fence poles on each side of the square. How many poles did he need altogether?
- Tell me about a time when you were forced to make an unpopular decision.
- What changes would you make at your college?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(CGPA 7.3 in Graduation, 89% in 12th and 92% in 10th.)
- How do you classify lathes?
- What is the usgae of angle plate ?
- What is necking in production engineering ?
- What is Redlich Kwong equation?
- Discuss steam engines.What is its overall efficiency ?
- What is a cryogenic fluid?
- What is hook's law ?
- Why should we hire you if we can promote our employee from within?
- What do your parents think of you?
- What is the biggest mistake that you have made?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- How much money do you need to make to be happy?
- Will you relocate? In the future?
- If the simple interest is 10.5 % annual and compound interest is 10 % annual, compounded annually, find the difference between the interests after 3 years on a sum of Rs. 1,000.
- Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker.
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(CGPA 6.74 in Graduation, 81.56% in 12th and 87.5% in 10th.)
- What is Carnot Engine?
- Discuss the otto cycle with diagram.
- What is Poisson's ratio ?
- Define rivets.
- Discuss the basic functionioning of air conditioner.
- Give example of heterogeneous systems.
- Define boring.
- Define knurling.
- Summarise your college experience in 2 minutes.
- What qualitites do you look for in your colleagues?
- How are you different from the rest of the lot?
- Can you work under pressure.
- Do you have any location preferences?
- A can do a piece of work in 30 days, which B can do in 20 days. Both started the work but A left 5 days before the completion of the work. It took how many days to complete the work?
- Tell me about your Family background.
- What do you want to do with your life?
- How do you plan to achieve these goals?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(CGPA 7.12 in Graduation, 84.1% in 12th and 90.2% in 10th.)
- How do you express pitch of gears?
- What is lathe bed made of ?
- Discuss advantage of different types of screw.
- What is a boring tool ?
- Define grinding.
- Define fatigue.
- How do you classify shapers?
- Tell me something about yourself that is not already mentioned in the resume?
- What do you know about our company philosophy?
- Why do you want to work at Essar?
- What are your career goals?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(CGPA 8.3 in Graduation, 90% in 12th and 92.5% in 10th.)
- Differentiate between Multiprocessing, Mutliprogramming and Multithreading.
- Explain heapsort. What is its complexity?
- What is round-robin scheduling in OS?
- Explain two-phase locking protocol.
- What is BCNF? How is it better than 2NF & 3NF?
- Explain your internship project. Whats your role in it?
- Do you have hard time convincing people of your arguement?
- Why this job preference?
- What do you know about our competitors in the market?
- Do you have any questions for us?
Other Resources for Placement Training: