Excerpts from interview #1:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 8.7 in graduation, 76.32% in 12th and 78.77% in 10th)
- What do you mean by assessment year?
- What do you understand by total income?
- How many heads are there under total income?
- How will you decide the residential status of an individual?
- Who are resident but not ordinary resident?
- Introduce yourself.
- What is the difference between smart work and hard work?
- List some of you achievements?
- What according to you was your greatest failure in life?
- Where do you see yourself after 2 years?
- Explain your personality in one word.
Excerpts from interview #2:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.9 in graduation, 75.11% in 12th and 76.17% in 10th)
Technical and HR interview:
- What is tax refund?
- What is capital gain? Explain long term capital gains and how is it different from short term capital gains?
- What is alternative minimum tax (AMT)?
- Tell me something about your family?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why E & Y?
- Tell me about a time when you worked effectively under pressure.
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
Excerpts from interview #3:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.6 in graduation, 75.41% in 12th and 72.33% in 10th)
Technical and HR interview:
- What do you mean by amortization and impairment?
- What is intercompany reconciliation?
- What is the securities transaction tax?
- Who were your favorite professors? Why?
- Do you enjoy doing independent research?
- Why do you want to join this company?
Excerpts from interview #4:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.21 in graduation, 72.41% in 12th and 68.23% in 10th)
- Suggest a method of joining two tables.
- What do you mean by “normalization”?
- What is object oriented model?
- Define RDBMS.
- Why is DML provided?
- Where do we generally create INDEX?
- What opinion do your friends have about you?
- When do you think you will complete and be able to join?(contextual question)
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What changes would you make at your college?
- If you were to ask one of your professors to describe you, what would he or she say?
- What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?
Excerpts from interview #5:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.8 in graduation, 69.31% in 12th and 69.63% in 10th)
- What are the advantages to use stored procedures?
- Do you think BCNF is better than 2NF & 3NF? Why?
- Give me a SQL Query to find out the second largest company?
- Discuss transparent DBMS?
- What is the difference between exclusive lock and shared lock?
- What interests you most about this position?
- What is the difference between primary key, foreign key and candidate key?
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
- Describe your Final Year Project. What innovations did you bring into this project?
- Who is the CEO of the company?
Excerpts from interview #6:
(A student with a profile of CGPA 7.5 in graduation, 68.21% in 12th and 72.63% in 10th)
- Why do you want to work in audit?
- What are the objectives of internal audit?
- Explain about cross functional audits?
- What are audit control procedures?
- What is CARO 2003? What do you mean by management audit?
- Do you prefer working in a team?
- How would a lecturer describe you?
- Do you keep your promises?
- What motivates you?
- Are you a good listener?
- Have you ever wanted to quit something?
- Tell me about your groups of friends?
- Do you believe in talent or hard work?