PayPal Recruitment Process
PayPal conducts a series of 3-5 rounds to recruit candidates for different set of roles. The campus recruitment procedure commences with an online written test, after which the shortlisted candidates appear in 2-3 rounds of interview. There is a minimum eligibility criteria of 70% or 7.5 CGPA to sit for the company’s campus placement. For direct applicants, a few telephonic discussions are held before onsite screening. Given below are the various interviews conducted by PayPal:
PayPal Interview Rounds
- Technical Interviews
- HR Interview
- Managerial Interview
Given below are some of the experiences and prospective interview questions for aspiring candidates:
PayPal Interview: Experience 1
Candidate background: Final year student of B.Tech (IT)
Job Profile: Software Engineer
In the first stage, the candidate gave an online test consisting of general aptitude and coding questions. After clearing the test, the candidate was called for technical interview stage.
The panel began the interview with a few questions on candidate’s projects. Given below are some of the questions asked from the candidate:
- What are ACID properties?
- Draw an entity relationship diagram for a student enrolment system.
- How would you rate yourself in DBMS?
- Draw an entity relationship diagram for an airport management system.
- Explain optional class in Java 8.
The interview went on for 40-45 minutes.
The candidate qualified for the second interview round. In this interview, the hiring manager put the following questions to the candidate:
- Why PayPal?
- What do you know about PayPal?
- Can you tell me some unique features of PayPal?
- What is the reach of PayPal in your locality?
- How do you face criticism? Explain with any such situation you encountered.
The candidate was also probed on the information provided in resume. The interview lasted for almost 30 minutes.
The final round comprised of one HR interview. Following questions formed the main part of this interview:
- Tell me about your family background.
- What are your hobbies?
- What is the most challenging thing you have come across?
- Which was the toughest decision of your life?
The interview ended in 30 minutes.
PayPal Interview: Experience 2
Candidate background: Final year student of B.Tech (CSE)
Job Profile: Software Engineer
(Post the online test, the candidate appeared for the following interviews.)
Technical Interview Questions
- What is the default thread pool count in Tomcat server?
- How does GWT work?
- What are threads? Do the threads share same address space? Why?
- How is HashMap implemented in Java?
- Add a functionality of finding maximum in a stack in O(1).
Managerial Interview Questions
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell me about your best project.
- Why did you choose this particular branch of engineering?
- Which programming language are you good at?
- How was your experience of online test?
HR Interview Questions
- Tell me about two of your weak points and two strong points.
- Why should we hire you? What makes you different from others?
- What’s the secret behind your consistent performance in academics?
- Can you name five leadership qualities?