Excerpts from Interview #1:
(CSE student having 10th grade - 96.1%, 12th grade - 80.9%, Graduation score - 79.8%)
- What do you understand by OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)?
- Tell us some of the components of PL/SQL.
- State main two differences between simple and complex snapshots.
- What do you mean by the term data segment?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your short term and long term goals?
- What is your dream job? Why?
- What is the main problem that our country faces at the moment?
- What is your biggest achievement?
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 82.9% 12th grade-87.08% and graduation score-78.5%)
- Can you Implement queue using linked lists?
- What are abstract classes in Java and what is the difference between an abstract class and an interface.
- If a unique key constraint on DATE column is created, will it validate the rows that are inserted with SYSDATE?
- Find the number of palindromes in a big string.
- What is overloading and what is overriding? Illustrate with examples.
- What is the difference between semaphore and mutex?
- Explain 8 queens algorithm.
- How does one create and drop database users?
- What are Codd's Rules?
- If you came on board with us, what changes would you make in the system?
- How many hours a day/a week do you work? Do you think you’re a hard worker?
- Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume?
- What will be your favorable work location?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(IIT-B student having 10th grade- 94.4% 12th grade-89% and graduation score-81.2%)
- Compare and contrast TRUNCATE and DELETE for a table.
- Can you give the reasoning behind using an index?
- Issue the create spfile from pfile command.
- Use the describe command or use the dbms_metadata.get_ddl package.
- Where would you look for errors from the database engine?
- What is difference between Rename and Alias?
- What are the traits of a good boss? Rate your previous supervisor accordingly.
- How much change is in the works at your prospective company, and what kind?
- What learnings and experiences that you can provide will help the company?
- Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 81.4% 12th grade - 85.1% and graduation score- 88.9%)
- How would you determine the time zone under which a database was operating?
- Explain the use of setting GLOBAL_NAMES equal to TRUE.
- What command would you use to encrypt a PL/SQL application?
- Explain the difference between a FUNCTION, PROCEDURE and PACKAGE.
- Name three advisory statistics you can collect.
- What is difference between SQL and SQL*PLUS?
- How effective are HR Round Interview Tips
- What do you find is the most enjoyable part, working in a company?
- What inspired you to come and attend my company’s interview?
- What would be your ideal work atmosphere?
- What do you think is our company’s philosophy?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(IIT-G student having 10th grade- 92.1%, 12th grade - 94.5% and graduation score - 78.9%)
- Describe the use of %ROWTYPE and %TYPE in PL/SQL.
- What packages (if any) has Oracle provided for use by developers?
- In what order should a open/fetch/loop set of commands in a PL/SQL block be implemented if you use the %NOTFOUND cursor variable in the exit when statement? Why?
- What is a mutating table error and how can you get around it?
- When is a declare statement needed?
- What is ON DELETE CASCADE?
- What would you rate as your greatest weaknesses?
- Don’t you think you are overqualified for this job?
- How would you honestly evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your previous/current company/boss/team?
- Your competitor presses you to reveal some confidential information about your current or previous employer. Would you break?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(DTU Engineering student having 10th grade- 92.24% 12th grade - 90.2% and graduation score- 89.9%)
- What are the different types of PL/SQL program units that can be defined and stored in ORACLE database?
- What are the uses of Database Trigger?
- What is ROWID in a session before accessing next value?
- What is an UTL_FILE? What are different procedures and functions associated with it?
- What are ORACLE PRECOMPILERS?
- What are SQLCODE and SQLERRM and why are they important for PL/SQL developers?
- How did you handle your most challenging experience in your previous job?
- How will your qualification help you in doing this job?
- What do you know about our organization and why do you want to join it?
- How have your strengths helped you in getting your work done?
Other Resources for Placement Training: