Nutanix Selection Process
Nutanix follows a series of 4-5 rounds to select candidates for various set of roles. The campus recruitment procedure comprises of 1-2 written tests and 2-3 interviews. For direct applicants, a few telephonic interviews may be conducted before the onsite screening. The following interviews form a part of Nutanix recruitment:
Nutanix Interview Rounds
- Technical Interviews
- HR Interviews
Given below are some of the experiences and prospective interview questions for aspiring candidates:
Nutanix Interview: Experience 1
Candidate background: Final year student of B.Tech
Job Profile: Software Engineer
The candidate cleared the first two written rounds, including an online coding and a debugging test. In the next stage, the candidate was called for the technical rounds.
Technical Interview 1
After a few introductory questions, the candidate was asked to solve the following questions:
- Given an array of integers and an integer X. Find all subsets of the array whose sum of elements is equal to the integer X.
- You have two integer arrays – WELL and DISC. Each integer of WELL represents the maximum width of a disc that can pass through it in left to right direction. Given a series of discs of varying width, find out how many discs can be fit in the WELL until the WELL gets full.
Then, the panel put a few questions related to candidate’s internships’ projects. The interview ended in 40-45 minutes.
Technical Interview 2
In the second technical round, the candidate was given the following question to solve:
- You have an array of numbers. You have to give the range in which each number is the maximum element. For example, if the array is 1, 5, 4, 3, 6. The output would be:
- 1 [1, 1]
- 5 [1, 4]
- 4 [3, 4]
- 3 [4, 4]
- 6 [1, 5]
The interview got over in around 30 minutes.
In the last round, the candidate appeared for the HR interview. The interviewers started with a few questions regarding the candidate’s resume. Given below are some of the questions asked in this interview:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why Nutanix?
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your long term career plans?
- How do you deal with a non-performing team member?
- Do you have any question for us?
Finally, the panel gave an overview of the culture at Nutanix. The duration of the interview was less than 30 minutes.
Nutanix Interview: Experience 2
Candidate background: B.Tech, M.Tech, Work Experience of 1 year
Job Profile: Software Development Engineer
(After a coding and debugging round, the candidate appeared for the technical and HR interviews.)
Technical Interview Questions
- Tell us about your previous job profile. (some specific discussions on it)
- What challenges did you face in your team project, mentioned in the resume?
- Given a binary tree and a number X, find all the nodes at a distance X from root and all the nodes at a distance X from leaf nodes.
- What are your learning expectations at Nutanix?
- How to mount a filesystem on NFS and if it is not working how to debug it?
- How do you check if a string contains a given substring?
HR Interview Questions
- Introduce yourself.
- What is preference of location?
- Tell me about your interests.
- Tell us about your college projects in brief.
- Why did you leave your previous job?