L & T Infotech GD Topics:
- Religion is a private affair.
- Should prostitution be legalized in India.
- 100 days under Modi government.
- We will never be a corruption free society.
Excerpts from Interview #1:
(An engg student having 10th grade- 90.4% 12th grade-86.4% and graduation score-76.8%)
- Explain top-n analysis in DBMS.
- Explain different file system of database management system.
- Explain different concepts of C/C++.
- WAP on how to sort the elements of an array in log (n) /n2 / n / 1 complexity.
- Guesstimate regarding market sizes, analysis of a situation, etc. Can be read from Vaults guide on case studies.
- Puzzles like, 25 horses, strings on fire, mixing the chemicals etc. were asked.
- Questions based on CV were asked, and questions based on Projects were asked.
Excerpts from Interview #2:
(An engg student having 10th grade- 78.9% 12th grade-71.08% and graduation score-67.9%)
- What is Object Oriented Programming features?
- What is the difference between Java and C++?
- What is the difference between C & C++?
- What is the difference between C# and C++?
- What is data structure?
- What is operator loading and polymorphism?
- What is a copy constructor?
- What is a class?
- What is the difference between a structure and a class?
- What is primary key?
- What is the difference between primary key and unique key?
- What are the advantages of using OOPS?
- What is recursion?
- What do you know about L and T?
- How long would you stay with us?
- What makes you choose our company?
- Name your major strengths and weaknesses.
- Any questions for the interviewer?
Excerpts from Interview #3:
(Engineering student having 10th grade- 88% 12th grade-81.2% and graduation score-80.06%)
- What stresses can a beam experience?
- What is the minimum diameter of longitudinal bar of a column?
- State the steel beam theory.
- What is the shape of the curve that depicts distribution of shear intensity over a rectangular section of beam?
- What is the minimum head room required over a stair?
- Who is the CEO of L & T?
- What motivates you to do good work?
- Suppose you win $5 million lottery, then, would you still work?
- Would you do something that you consider unethical in order to save your job?
- What are your career options right now?
Excerpts from Interview #4:
(CSE student having CGPA: 6.59,10th Marks: 77.45%,12th Marks: 72.54%)
- Questions from C/C++
- Intermediate geometry questions like geometric puzzles based on concepts like angles subtended at particular point when line intersecting 2 parallel line and one of angles given
- How many circles can be drawn around a circle touching it
- What are the various levels of testing
- Can you Explain a Bug life cycle
- What kind of test cases will you suggest for an ATM machine
- Can you explain how a build comes, and who installs it?
- What is the difference between a smart and hard Worker?
- What positions of responsibility have you held in the past?
- What have you learnt from it?
- Why do you want to leave your present job?
- Will you be ready to relocate to the job locations we offer you?
Excerpts from Interview #5:
(IT student having 10th grade- 82% 12th grade-70.3% and graduation score-78.56%)
- Write a program to reverse a linked list?
- What conditions are necessary for a deadlock?
- Explain the concept of paging and segmentation.
- Difference between primary, foreign, candidate & super key?
- Are you prepared to work hard in the environment we expect you to work?
- What do you know about L and T InfoTech and its products?
- A puzzle, which was on very difficult lines about 2 medicines. One kills while other does not. How to eat them?
- General questions about me holding any position of responsibility.
- Any questions for us?
Excerpts from Interview #6:
(Engineering student having 10th score 84.3%, 12th score 80.8% and graduation score 72.9%)
- What do you mean by constant time complexity?
- What do you mean by hashing?
- Write an SQL query to obtain the 2nd highest salary.
- What is the function of DML Compiler?
- Who is your role model and why?
- What have you done to improve your academic position in the last 2 years?
- If you were hiring for this position, what qualities would you look for in a potential candidate?
- Do you know anyone who works for us?