Informatica Selection Process
Informatica conducts recruitment in a series of 4-5 rounds of selection. The campus recruitment process begins with 1-2 written tests, which is followed by 3-4 rounds of interviews. There is a minimum eligibility criteria of 70% or 6.5 CGPA for the final year students. For some direct applicants, a few telephonic rounds may be held before the onsite screening process. Given below are the various interviews conducted by Informatica:
Informatica Interview Rounds
- Technical Interviews
- HR or Managerial Interviews
Given below are some of the experiences and prospective interview questions for aspiring candidates:
Informatica Interview: Experience 1
Candidate background: Final year student of B.Tech(CSE)
Job Profile: Software Developer
Initially, the candidate appeared for two written rounds, including an online MCQ test and a coding test. After qualifying each of the written tests, the candidate sat for the technical rounds.
Technical Interview 1:
The interview started with someconceptual on data structures. Further, the interview panel asked the following questions:
- Given two strings, check if they both are anagrams of each other.
- Merge two sorted arrays without using a temporary array. Solution should be less than O(m*n) complexity.
- What is the difference between an object and a pointer in Java.
- If I gave you two dates like 14 May 1997 and 23 March 2015, can you tell me number of days between them?
The interview went on for 40-45 minutes.
Technical Interview 2:
In this interview, the panel asked some specific questions related to candidate’s internships, and then moved on to the following questions:
- Which method helps us in dividing the actual problem and solving it?
- What is Dynamic Programming?
- What is Memorization?
- Write a code for LRU cache implementation.
- Write a program to reverse a linked list.
The interview ended in 45 minutes.
Technical Interview 3:
This was the last technical round.Here, a few introductory questions were asked before the technical ones. Then, the candidate was asked to solve the following questions:
- Given a matrix with 0s and 1s, find the shortest path to reach m,n; starting at 0,0. You can only walk on 1 tile.
- There is a stream of data coming, and you need to perform searching and sorting on them. You have only 20 MB of RAM.
The interview got over in almost 30 minutes.
After clearing the technical round, the candidate got called for the final round. The interviewer initiated with a few questions related to candidate’s resume. Given below are some of the questions asked in this interview:
- Tell me something about your family.
- What are your strong points?
- What are your weak points?
- What are your long and short-term goals?
Then, the interviewer queried about candidate’s organizational skills. The duration of the interview was around 30 minutes.
InformaticaInterview: Experience 2
Candidate background: B.Tech, Fresher
Job Profile: Software Developer
(After a written test, the candidate appeared for the following interviews.)
Technical Interview Questions
- What is data structure? Which is the best data structure for organizing and storing data?
- Given a random node in a linked list, find two linked lists reversed from that node.
- Given a linked list of nodes having a random pointer in addition to the next pointer, where the random pointer points to any random node; write a program to make an exact replica of that linked list.
- For the given array; find the subset whose sum is maximum.
- Find all palindromic substrings for the given string.
- Explain normalization in detail.
- What are compiler and interpreter? Which one is better and why?
Managerial Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself in 5 minutes.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why Software Development?
- Tell me about your favourite project. Explain in detail.
- What is called Shell?
- What is a queue, how it is different from stack? How is it implemented?
- Why Informatica?